Why become a member? ×

SOLD Cort Artisan A5 5 string Bass,flame maple body

bassmanady

Selling this really nice Cort Artisan A5 5 string that is pretty much in an unmarked condition.

It has a natural finish solid flame maple body,maple/wenge thru-neck,rosewood board.
Bartolini mk 1 pickups and mk 1 preamp,3eq with passive switch.
Hipshot light tuners
recent new set Elixir strings,and strap locks fitted.

The neck is 34" scale,and is quite slim,with width at nut 45mm,and string spacing at the bridge 16mm.
I.M.O a good quality 5 string bass,that is good value for the money.

I dont have a case,only a vinyl gig bag type cover.

This model i believe sells new for around £760,and i am now looking to sell for £300

Not looking for any trades thanks

Edited by bassmanady

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='owen' post='577097' date='Aug 21 2009, 08:36 PM']It's a funny old world. If this had any other name on it's headstock then people would be fighting with each other for it at £400. The spec says yes![/quote]I think thats what has puzzled me.....was it the price or the make .....so i guess you are right,must be the name.
Looks like my grandson will get his wish after all :)

[quote name='owen' post='577097' date='Aug 21 2009, 08:36 PM']It's a funny old world. If this had any other name on it's headstock then people would be fighting with each other for it at £400. The spec says yes![/quote]

Considering the Basses Cort make for other companies, G&L, Lakland, Yamaha, Ibanez etc., the pedigree is certainly there.
They are the most underrated make on the market and worth every penny.
If my Bacchus was sold, i would have it for a back-up at that price.
Have a bump on me.