Why become a member? ×

Quick pedal signal chain question

mildmanofrock

Hi folks - as a bit of a tech numpty, is there any chance someone could recommend a good signal chain for these pedals? Much appreciated!

Sansamp Bass Driver
EBS Multicomp (compressor)
EBS IQ (envelope filter)
Boss Heavy Metail disortion
Boss Bass Flanger BF 2B
ISP Decimator (noise suppressor)

Thank you,
Steve

[quote name='mildmanofrock' post='520291' date='Jun 21 2009, 09:37 PM']Hi folks - as a bit of a tech numpty, is there any chance someone could recommend a good signal chain for these pedals? Much appreciated!

Sansamp Bass Driver
EBS IQ (envelope filter)
Boss Bass Flanger BF 2B

Thank you,
Steve[/quote]

Sansamp Bass Driver
EBS IQ (envelope filter)
Boss Bass Flanger BF 2B

But obviously there are no set rules and you don't have many so just try every possible combo.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='523495' date='Jun 25 2009, 12:00 PM']Sansamp Bass Driver
EBS IQ (envelope filter)
Boss Bass Flanger BF 2B

But obviously there are no set rules and you don't have many so just try every possible combo.[/quote]

Thanks very much, I'll give it a go. Appreciate your help.

Filters sound good before overdrive (Sansamp) and after heavy distortion/fuzz (Boss HM-2) I reckon. Boss Heavy Metal into Sansamp is also a nice sound, and I prefer flangers etc nearer the end. Multicomp placement is a tricky one, but since the overdrive on the Sansamp is so touch sensitive I would choose to put compression after rather than before it. If you've got the stadard Decimator I'd shove it at the end, if you got the one with the fx loop put it first and put all of the other pedals in the fx loop.

Boss Heavy Metal
EBS IQ
Sansamp
Multicomp
Flanger
Decimator

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='524514' date='Jun 26 2009, 07:43 AM']Filters sound good before overdrive (Sansamp) and after heavy distortion/fuzz (Boss HM-2) I reckon. Boss Heavy Metal into Sansamp is also a nice sound, and I prefer flangers etc nearer the end. Multicomp placement is a tricky one, but since the overdrive on the Sansamp is so touch sensitive I would choose to put compression after rather than before it. If you've got the stadard Decimator I'd shove it at the end, if you got the one with the fx loop put it first and put all of the other pedals in the fx loop.

Boss Heavy Metal
EBS IQ
Sansamp
Multicomp
Flanger
Decimator[/quote]

Cheers Danny - I will have a fiddle later.

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, I'm struggling. If you can help, I'd really appreciate it.

I'm replacing my Sansamp Para Driver with the Aguilar Tone Hammer.

With the Sansamp, my EBS octabass tracked fine in this signal path:

[b]Bass > Sansamp > EBS multidrive > EBS multicomp > EBS Octabass > EBS IQ (envelope)[/b]

Now I've swapped the Sansamp with the Tone Hammer, the bloody Octabass isn't tracking properly.

Is it a problem with the Tone Hammer? Or is there something fundamentally wrong with the signal path?

Thanks people.