Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Modulus Flea, Blue Sparkle w/ Lane Poor 1997

Sean.Robinson

Hi for sale is my 1997 Modulus Flea in Blue Sparkle, with matching head stock and Lane Poor pickup. I really dont want to sell this bass, however while im off university im doing a intensive driving course and buying a car, so with the huge insurance and so on i need to get the money from somewhere. The bass plays amazingly and is in great condition aside from a small finish blemish on the inside of the upper horn on the top left corner of the neck pocket and so is both very small and unnoticeable. The original hardcase is also included in the sale.

The bass is for sale at £1200 and may be withdrawn if i can find or think of some other way to source the money which unfortunately is unlikely :)

Also i do realize how much £1200 is so i will listen to part exchanges

[attachment=27311:SANY1743.JPG]
[attachment=27308:SANY1747.JPG]
[attachment=27309:SANY1735.JPG]
[attachment=27310:SANY1737.JPG]
[attachment=27307:SANY1740.JPG]

Edited by Sean.Robinson

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='518520' date='Jun 19 2009, 04:06 PM']Oh man, you know I've already shown my interest in this bass...I can offer my 91' Thumb NT as a trade.

Is the BadAss stock as well?[/quote]

Hi, the BadAss is indeed stock :) To be honest id love a 91 Thumb, i used to have a 92 warwick which played amazingly and always regretted selling it, unfortunatly though i cant afford a straight trade and any bass from a trade would most likely go up for sale, the part ex is mainly as most people probably havnt got the spare £1200

[quote name='molan' post='518812' date='Jun 19 2009, 08:04 PM']Hey Sean - I thought the 'wife' always said you would never be allowed to sell this one :)[/quote]

haha the wife isnt very pleased however she also wants festival tickets and likes the idea of a car and im weening her onto the rickenbacker :rolleyes:

Edited by Sean.Robinson

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='518798' date='Jun 19 2009, 08:46 PM']Hi, the BadAss is indeed stock :) To be honest id love a 91 Thumb, i used to have a 92 warwick which played amazingly and always regretted selling it, unfortunatly though i cant afford a straight trade and any bass from a trade would most likely go up for sale, the part ex is mainly as most people probably havnt got the spare £1200[/quote]
No problem. PM me about what you'd want in between and we'll se what I think!

There's not many basses built since 1980 that I'd describe as truly iconic but this is certainly one of them. There's something so in yer face about it, and it no doubt rocks. Not perhaps the first choice axe for the George & Dragon on a Monday night, but what a great bass to have in the armoury for those special occasions :) I so wish I had the cash, or the need, for this bass.

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='519535' date='Jun 20 2009, 07:55 PM']If you want a Flea bass, this is as good as they come! I would hit this if I hadn't made up my mind on a custom build![/quote]

I would've bought it today if I hadn't already committed to buying another, equally beautiful bass.

I'd have them both if I could afford it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

was pending payment however after 2 weeks, a few PMs and no reply now back for sale, bump

edit; for anyone who wants to see this in the flesh or have a play, its for sale in electro music however has a higher price tag (£1500) to cover the 20% :S commission, that said i suppose someone can get it on the take it away now scheme there.

still £1200 to anyone here though :)

Edited by Sean.Robinson