Why become a member? ×

SOLD

JamieBenzies

Hi all,
for sale/trade is my beautiful Hudson 'PBS 5' 5 string bass guitar. I bought this about a year ago of Ebay and since then it has served me very well. It really is a massive shame as i really love how this bass feels and looks and i know that I'll regret this sale as soon as I put it in the post or hand it over. But I would feel worse just leaving it unplayed and gathering dust (don't worry it ain't dusty yet).

It is also worth noting that this bass is literally exactly the same as a Cort Curbow Elite (apart from the headstock) and the Tanglewood Canyon II, so playing one of them will make a great test if your thinking of grabbing this off me.

Some spec:
Neck through construction
Spalted Maple top, with mahogany body
Maple and mahogany 5 piece neck
nut width, 44mm
frets, 24
scale length, 865mm
weight, 3.5kg (much lighter than my bloody 4 ton Ibanez)

You can see from these photos the small amount of aesthetic damage around the jack input as well as, the place where it used to say 'project bass' and i got rid of it. None of these marks are at all obvious unless you really speculate.

If you're thinking of a trade I'm currently looking for a good sturdy 4 string. I'm also open to cash offers or trades for cabs/combos.

I am up for posting but obviously i would rather have a collection. I live near Totnes, in between Exeter and Plymouth (Devon). I can't drive...

Price drop to £230!

Any questions are very welcome!

Edited by benzies123

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='558743' date='Aug 2 2009, 09:03 PM']I reckon a defret on that could work a treat ...all your needs met![/quote]

I am considering it, it depends whether I come by money or this bass sells. Do you by any chance know how much a defret job would cost me?

Thanks

[quote name='benzies123' post='560494' date='Aug 4 2009, 06:27 PM']I am considering it, it depends whether I come by money or this bass sells. Do you by any chance know how much a defret job would cost me?

Thanks[/quote]
It depends on the bass, the luthier etc. I've seen quotes range from £80 to £125 for a professional defret. Remember, you are effectively getting a significant set-up within the price. This could involve filing the nut, shimmying, fretboard treatment etc. I think your Hudson is crying out for a defret, and you'll not regret it. But put flats on when you do! :)

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='561043' date='Aug 5 2009, 11:56 AM']It depends on the bass, the luthier etc. I've seen quotes range from £80 to £125 for a professional defret. Remember, you are effectively getting a significant set-up within the price. This could involve filing the nut, shimmying, fretboard treatment etc. I think your Hudson is crying out for a defret, and you'll not regret it. But put flats on when you do! :)[/quote]
Have you had a defret job done yourself in the past? I don't think i'd get flats if I did defret, I had a go with some on a fretless before and it really wasn't my bag.

[quote name='benzies123' post='562291' date='Aug 6 2009, 09:44 PM']Have you had a defret job done yourself in the past? I don't think i'd get flats if I did defret, I had a go with some on a fretless before and it really wasn't my bag.[/quote]
Yes, just a couple of weeks a go. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=56446&hl="]See this thread[/url]

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='561043' date='Aug 5 2009, 11:56 AM']It depends on the bass, the luthier etc. I've seen quotes range from £80 to £125 for a professional defret. Remember, you are effectively getting a significant set-up within the price. This could involve filing the nut, shimmying, fretboard treatment etc. I think your Hudson is crying out for a defret, and you'll not regret it. But put flats on when you do! :rolleyes:[/quote]
According to the blurb on the Cranes site, the fingerboard is 'compressed' ebony. I reckon you'd probably be ok with roundwounds (or maybe half- or pressure-wounds to be on the safe side). I only ever used roundwounds on my fretless Jaydee, and it hardly marked at all over the 20+ years I had it! :)

De-fret it baby, you know it makes sense! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...