Why become a member? ×

X2 Wireless

Finbar

Okay, so I really need a new wireless. Mine gave up the ghost.

I'm thinking long term here - I don't want one which interferes with all this switching off of radio frequencies in 2012.

So digital it is, right?

I've tried the Stageclix and it isn't for me, so I'm looking at the X2. All the reviews look great. Just looks like a new lead for it might be useful, but that's a problem easily solved.

But I also know they aren't legal here in the UK? Why exactly is that, if the Stageclix is?

I wouldn't worry about the 2012 thing at present, don't believe the hype that come Jan 1 2012 you won't be able to analogue anymore.... not gonna happen like that.... Analogue systems are far better than the current batch of digital systems out there.....

[quote name='Finbar' post='518368' date='Jun 19 2009, 01:40 PM']Is the X2 cool with active basses/hot output basses and such too?

It gets such great reviews, its just looking at me and begging me to get one. Whether its on slightly dodgy ground or not.[/quote]

Fine with my Overwater's and Valenti

Do you use the rackmount version or the stompbox Tayste? Just been looking at these because of this thread and they look pretty good, I certainly have a few gigs coming up that a reliable wireless system could come in handy for.

I have and use the X2 rack version had it about a year got it from the the good old US...its easy to set up has XLR plus 1/4 jack on the back ...sound wise i have see little or no difference between this unit and being wired up...has great range and is very well contructed.
One down side is the radio transmitter that goes on the strap can and does some times drop off they use like a wire frame work thing to go onto the guitar strap...a piece of gaffer tape sorts that out Stewart

Right, I was looking at the XDS+, but seeing as how the receiver looks massive and my pedalboard space is at a premium, I might just plump for the XDS95. Is the XDS+ THAT much better?

Also, why do American stores not ship over here -_-

Edited by Finbar

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still not sure whether to go wireless from my pedalboard or to my pedalboard. I mean, it would help going from because then I can place it any distance from the amp, but from the bass would probably be easierbecause of no wires.

EDIT

I've just realised how stupid a wuestion that is. the pedalboard doesn't move! :)