Why become a member? ×

FT Fender Jazz Bass Gold 1981/82 " EDIT VIDEO" SOLD

bassmasta2b

I am so trying not to derail your thread here mate :)

But your statement .. [i]"If you want to know if a vintage Fender is good or not and just with pics , just look if the bass has been playing a lot or not, it is simple , a crappy one is in 2009 in museum condition , this one in 30 years have a lot of playing wear, I don't think differents owners played it so long if this bass wasn't a killer one . "[/i] .. is simply an interesting theory with no grounds in reality. We would all like it to make sense because it would make buying a bass at distance much easier, but it doesn't make sense at all.

I'll leave you alone now, sorry. All the very best with the sale, I hope it goes soon.

[quote name='bassmasta2b' post='672456' date='Dec 2 2009, 08:33 PM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv7jgB4MovY"]Vidéo number 2 here[/url]

@wateroftyne: My english is not good I didn't understand what you ask te me , you want me to discuss the price ?[/quote]

I think he's having a pop at me actually, my decorum is obviously not what it should be. My apologies to all, but bassmasta did not seem to have a problem with it, and I was actually trying to be helpful at the same time. Plus, it's certainly keeping this bass at the top of the pile and no numbers were mentioned.

Cheers,
N

Regarding the vids, er, WOW!

I think you will start seeing offers, it seems to be everything a good Jazz should be. I can even get a feel for how it feels, springy and responsive right? Nice one! Salute!

Edited by silddx

[quote name='gareth' post='673685' date='Dec 3 2009, 09:46 PM']Not wishing to confuse matters or raise anyone's temperature any higher, BUT I've listened to both videos and I don't see what further information this gives a potential purchaser[/quote]
It's playable, and the neck isn't bent like a banana?

It would certainly help me if I was in the market...

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='673692' date='Dec 3 2009, 09:49 PM']It's playable, and the neck isn't bent like a banana?

It would certainly help me if I was in the market...[/quote]
Likewise, told me so much more than the photos. I am certain it's not a dog like the ones I've played in V&R. It has good tone, it sounds like it feels responsive and lively. Some of the ones I tried sounded like I was playing them under water. I think they are extremely helpful.

• 2 weeks later...