Why become a member? ×

FT Fender Jazz Bass Gold 1981/82 " EDIT VIDEO" SOLD

bassmasta2b

No problem man , the price is based on other jazz bass gold , look this one in perfect condition : [url="http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140359526406&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]Here on ebay[/url]
Price is 3800$ , mine is all original , bridge AND electronics is original too ( look at pots code ) , the small crack and repair was done 10 years ago by one of the best luthier in Paris , there is no problem with that is more solid than a new neck .

[quote name='bassmasta2b' post='665500' date='Nov 25 2009, 07:37 PM']No problem man , the price is based on other jazz bass gold , look this one in perfect condition : [url="http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140359526406&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]Here on ebay[/url]
Price is 3800$ , mine is all original , bridge AND electronics is original too ( look at pots code ) , the small crack and repair was done 10 years ago by one of the best luthier in Paris , there is no problem with that is more solid than a new neck .[/quote]
Fair enough. She's a beauty that's for sure. Be interested to see what she goes for. Will you let us know? It's all down to what the market will bear in the end, as I've found out recently, a few times :)

Thanks again, Bassmasta, appreciate your clarifications.

Best wishes,
Nigel

I'll trade you my girlfriend for this.

She's a 1987, black hair on maple skin, very short scale - in fact only about 5' 2", nice slim jazz profile. Tonally sounds very Essex. Plays real nice, can't cook for s**t.

Edited by Veils

[quote name='bassmasta2b' post='671292' date='Dec 1 2009, 04:57 PM']Open to offers in PM[/quote]
Hah hah! But if I PMed you with an offer of what I really think it's worth, I know what your answer would be, and I'm feeling a little delicate at the moment :)

[quote name='bassmasta2b' post='672007' date='Dec 2 2009, 12:19 PM']:) take your chance[/quote]
Thanks mate, I appreciate it. However, I'm about to try out another BCer's Jazz killer for a few days, I think it will be what I need, indeed I'm expecting it to blow me away, but if it doesn't thrill me, I'll PM you with what I consider a reasonable offer.

I think your biggest problem is that it's going to be pretty much impossible to try your delicious looking Jazz before buying, and Fenders from most eras are notoriously variable in feel, playability, tone and quality, so buyers will be unwilling to take a chance unless the price point makes it worth the risk. I've played a fair few vintage Fenders, and most have really disappointed me, but the exceptions were fabulous.

If it was me selling it, I would be tempted to make a detailed and close-up video tour of the bass, and see if I could convey what it actually feels like to play, springy, rubbery, taut, slack, snappy, responsive, etc., etc. It is difficult, I know, and subjective. But if it really is a great quality Fender bass and you want what it's worth, I would invest a little time. Photos don't really paint a thousand words in this case.

Cheers,
Nigel

Ok no problem , if you want I'll can make a video.
I' m agree with you when you say vintage Fender can be beurkkk or fabulous , of course if I say this bass is amazing you will think I say that because I want some £ but just one thing : If you want to know if a vintage Fender is good or not and just with pics , just look if the bass has been playing a lot or not, it is simple , a crappy one is in 2009 in museum condition , this one in 30 years have a lot of playing wear, I don't think differents owners played it so long if this bass wasn't a killer one .

"If you want to know if a vintage Fender is good or not and just with pics , just look if the bass has been playing a lot or not, it is simple , a crappy one is in 2009 in museum condition , this one in 30 years have a lot of playing wear, I don't think differents owners played it so long if this bass wasn't a killer one . "

Good call

anthomp

[quote name='anthomp' post='672319' date='Dec 2 2009, 05:55 PM']"If you want to know if a vintage Fender is good or not and just with pics , just look if the bass has been playing a lot or not, it is simple , a crappy one is in 2009 in museum condition , this one in 30 years have a lot of playing wear, I don't think differents owners played it so long if this bass wasn't a killer one . "

Good call

anthomp[/quote]
:)

I'll use that theory next time I buy a car :rolleyes:

Edited by silddx