Why become a member? ×

I'm In Love Again!

Hot Tub

Finally got around to putting new strings on my Cort. Decided on [url="http://www.rotosound.com/nexus_bass.html"]Rotosound Nexus[/url] because of some good reviews. Got the 45-105 set plus a 130 B-string. OMG!!! What a sound! It's everything I've been looking for; my bass has a voice again and it's bloody gorgeous!

Many thanks to all for your suggestions and advice in a previous thread.

I've had a set of Elite Stadiums laying around for ages, and they'll be going on my 4-string in the next few minutes!

Very happy bunny!

:)

Because the strings slowly decay over weeks/months it's hard to notice why you're starting to feel dissatisfied with your basses tone, even if you remember it being the holy grail a few months ago. The only exception to this is my Jazz, that I can put brand new strings on and it still sounds the same !

[quote name='Machines' post='513813' date='Jun 15 2009, 07:01 AM']The only exception to this is my Jazz, that I can put brand new strings on and it still sounds the same ![/quote]

Thats probably because you have Nordstrands as your pickups - they have a humped midrange characteristic with a somewhat lacking bass and treble response. New strings bring out more top end string in your sound... chances are the pickups aren't picking up that higher range.

Edited by EBS_freak