Why become a member? ×

Left handed forum?

josh3184

Was just discussing this with another from the lefty crew and we were discussing seeing if we could get a lefthanded section of basschat going? I know that us lefties have been granted a sticky in the for sale thread (for which we are thankful of course) but we thought that that was just the tip of the lefty iceberg. If we were to get a subforum going (e.g. in "The Local" section) then not only would it make it easier for lefties to help each other (gear hunts, experiences with retailers, etc) but it might also help bring in musicians who are left handed who currently don't really have a forum on the internet (leftybassist.com is the closest it comes and its pretty poor from what I've seen). Thoughts and comments welcomed :)

[quote name='Rebel' post='509188' date='Jun 9 2009, 04:20 PM']good question... well i think the mod should be the person who started this thread. it is only right, right? :)[/quote]

haha, not going to lie, I would love that but I'll leave those sort of decisions to those above me :rolleyes:

Hi guys, I don't want us to be marginalized any more than we already are.
Lefty technique is the same as righty, we just play right to left instead. Amps are still the same, basses are orientated oppositely but are still made of the same bits and pieces.
So for that reason, I'm out. :)

[quote name='Eight' post='509222' date='Jun 9 2009, 11:44 AM']Fine. Then there should also be a separate forum for right-handed players so that we can talk about only rightie issues.

And can I join both since I am left handed but play regular?[/quote]

I don't see why not

[quote name='Rebel' post='509362' date='Jun 9 2009, 06:24 PM']Their admin just got back to me, Josh, and he said he help post the word and spread it :rolleyes: :)[/quote]
Oi - stop pimping another site you commie!!! :lol:

I just don't want to see you all leave us... *sob* *snivel*