Why become a member? ×

Boss LS-2

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks

Just wondering what the Boss LS-2 is all about; what people use them for etc, etc.

I was thinking I'd like a pedal that would allow me to be able to alter the signal chain in my Effects board from one effect to another, without having to pull all the leads apart.. Is it right for that sort of thing?

Thanks for the help!

Nik

I Don't think so - use the WoBo Inverter for that! XD

I use a similar pedal to remotely turn on my BMS. I have the BMS on a stand and the pedal on the floor, connect my BMS to one of the loops, and then kick the pedal when i want to switch between bypass and the 1st fx loop!

Hope that help'd!

Edited by iamapirate

It can do quite a few things...

- A/B switch between 2 amps or instruments wit hvolume adjustment for each
- Select between 2 different FX loops or have both in parallel. Handy for blending say overdrive and fuzz in parallel, or switching from one to the other without having to tap dance
- Blend an effect with your clean signal

It can't reverse the order of 2 pedals like the Wobo Inverter, but I don't think that's what you were after anyway?

But even when it's bypassed you'll have the Boss buffer in your signal path, which some people are fine with whilst others insist it 'sucks tone'.

Edited by dannybuoy

Thanks folks! That helps a lot..

Never hear of the Wobo before but it sounds like a very good unit, though perhaps it's a little more difficult to get hold of than the Boss and a bit more expensive!

I think that the LS-2 will probably suffice for my needs and the fact that it can also be used as a volume boost is a very attractive additional feature. I'm just a little concerned by the fact it may affect your natural tone (though the Harmony Central jury seems 'out' on that point).

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='508716' date='Jun 8 2009, 11:41 PM']I think that the LS-2 will probably suffice for my needs and the fact that it can also be used as a volume boost is a very attractive additional feature. I'm just a little concerned by the fact it may affect your natural tone (though the Harmony Central jury seems 'out' on that point).[/quote]

I've never had a problem with the LS-2, tone-wise. I've been using one for about a year, only planning to replace it because it doesn't have a switching mode I want. It's a good pedal.

Probably the most useful pedal I've bought. I can now bypass my effects completely, Loop A is for my regular pedals and loop B is for tone sucky ones or fx I want to interact in parallel with loop A pedals.

I've not noticed any loss of tone with this pedal.