Why become a member? ×

MarkBass Little Mark 3...

Musicman20

Take a look!

I will review once I get chance.

First thing I noticed, and really like, was the amount of wallop at 8ohms! This sounded really nice with the Orange OBC 1x15. I also enjoyed the fact it let my Precisions sound like a Precision. The two magic MB tone knobs are excellent.

PS - The colours look awful in the photo....the Orange is such a wicked colour when you see it in the flesh. I also noted how well made this cab is. They are merely mobile phone photos!

Looking forward to trying this at 4ohms!

Hey

It definitely packs such a wallop! Im very impressed. I was only in the bedroom, but on about 1/8th of the volume at 8ohms it impressed me!

Highly recommend the gig skinz small mixer bags for these, perfect fit and very well made.

Cab-wise! Oh heck...well Im currently selling/trading the Ampeg. Its just too big...I think im getting two Aguilar DB2x12s to replace it. Something about those Aguilar 12s really impresses me. They do weigh a fair bit, but much easier to move compared to the Ampeg. So thats that rig sorted.

Still looking at lightweight cabs....considering all options...Berg AE410, Schroeder 1212L/BMF, Barefaced Compact, the lot. I might put it on hold for a month until I really know what I want.

To be honest, one DB212 is more than enough for the small ish gigs I play. When I tested the other Aguilar 12s....I wasnt set up right...Ive just found out off the guy whose amp/cabs I tried out. Id still like a neo cab, just because im addicted to buying gear. USA Precision is calling me though....ARGH.

PS Dave I really like your bass tone on the Wellah page...bass really cuts in!

Edited by Musicman20

Cheers for the Wellah comment. Not bad for a Jazz bass and a small rig.

Im glad i got my 1210R when this sort of cab was pretty new, much less to choose from and that made it a lot easier. If/when i do upgrade the 1210R its going to be harder to choose although i would say its between a 1210L, 1212BMF or one of Alex's (that's top of the list at the moment).
I almost got a DB212 (or even 2x112) but i foudn the sound a bit scooped. Sounded nice on its own but i needed a bit more poke.

Good luck with what ever you get.

Ive just ordered a Gigskinz 2U rack bag. I dont think the mixer bag is quite wide enough and ive always fancied a racked amp. It should hold all my other bits as well. It lives in the drummers car so i dont have to worry about carrying it around.

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='512550' date='Jun 13 2009, 12:41 AM']you describe how I experienced markbass! Well responsive amp, and great volume... just the cab didn't do it for me (see my mb-weak thread).

So, what's the real difference if you would A/B it with the LMII (if you can tell)?[/quote]

I never owned an LM2...I nearly did until I realised the LM3 was due in a few months...but I did test one out a few times. I dont think there are differences apart from the nice added tweaks.

Good value little package.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='512330' date='Jun 12 2009, 05:47 PM']You have different "incomings" everytime I look, ur worse than me! it was schroeder cabs a day or two ago! mind......... :rolleyes:[/quote]

HAHHA....I know. I got a little bored of the wait for the new Schroes and nothing seemed 'definite' on the new BMF line :)

I got a few messages from Tbass lads saying I should ask for A, B and C on the various new BMF cabs...then I asked Jorg and he was very helpful but said I should have it as standard as the new crossover is meant to be excellent.

Then there is the wait...and the fact that part of me still thinks the 1212L is a little more compact.

I got a bit confused....I just wanted the best 2x12 he did...but there are too many options...and I dont want to get the wrong one.

Im still on the lookout for my 'lightweight' cab. Either Schroe/Barefaced/Berg will be my choice no doubt.

I went for Aguilar as I was getting a little annoyed with the size on the Ampeg, and I really like their 12s....especially after a few tests. So thats my big rigs sort!

Cheers!

Edited by Musicman20

This is my first white fender and yes, its lovely.
I dont normally run the cab like this but as i was going to be standing right in front of it i thought it would help me hear it better. I actually put some foam strips under it before we started playing and that made the hight better. I miss not having a bigger cab so for me the BMF might be ideal.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='515251' date='Jun 16 2009, 01:07 PM']Agreed. The BMF on paper sounds like its going to be an amazing cab. I kinda wish they'd get stock in quicker here![/quote]

I dont. Cant afford it but that never stops me form using the plastic LOL.

If i did get one i would get it to replace my 1212L and the 1212L would replace my old 1210R.

Dont get me started. I dont need one ;-)