Why become a member? ×

My New Love

fragility

I got my fretless Wal in 1986 and have loved it ever since! It makes so much sense to me to find a bass that does it for you and then work on the music. GAS is a great way of kidding yourself that the problems with your playing are with your gear not with your competences as a player. I hope you and your 5 have a long and fruitful relationship.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=21583&hl=wal+custom+fretless"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...custom+fretless[/url]

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='507375' date='Jun 7 2009, 08:55 AM']I got my fretless Wal in 1986 and have loved it ever since! It makes so much sense to me to find a bass that does it for you and then work on the music. GAS is a great way of kidding yourself that the problems with your playing are with your gear not with your competences as a player. I hope you and your 5 have a long and fruitful relationship.[/quote]

So true - think that might upset certain people on here tho!

[quote name='fragility' post='507372' date='Jun 7 2009, 09:46 AM']So it's been about a month since I got it and I'm still just as in love, I've never felt before that a bass was [i]my[/i] bass if that makes sense[/quote]

Yeah, I think it's kind of like love in that you don't know what it really is 'til it happens. Glad you've found what you're looking for - looks like a fair few people on this forum are pretty far from that stage.

I've had mine for years now and although she's a bit old and battered and maybe not the most glamorous, I'll stray from time to time but I always end up going back to her. Anyway, that's enough about my wife......

I've spent a lot of time in the last year buying and selling but I also seem to have really settled on one bass that just 'works' for me (well, actually I'm cheating a bit because I liked it so much I immediately bought a 2nd one!).

I sat down yesterday for a quick noodle and got up again over 3 hours later, no bass has ever done that to me before :)

Hope you have many happy hours with it :rolleyes:

[quote name='fragility' post='507372' date='Jun 7 2009, 08:46 AM']So it's been about a month since I got it and I'm still just as in love, I've never felt before that a bass was [i]my[/i] bass if that makes sense, but this just feels like a perfect fit :)

[attachment=26629:IMG_0408_2.jpg][/quote]

Very nice !! I do love the sweet tone of a fretless thumb,

Here's my one