Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Lakland DJ4 + J-Retro + De-Tuner

obbm

This bass has been my main gigging instrument for the past 3-years however for my current band I'm back on the StRay 5 and really need a second 5-string so this wonderful bass is not getting used now. Shame to leave it in its case.

- Lake Placid Blue

- Maple fretboard

- White Pearl Scratch Plate

- Aero Pick-ups

- J-Retro Electronics

- Strung with DR LoRiders

- Hipshot Detuner (original tuner included)

- Generic Hard Case

Pretty well flawless finish apart from the tip of the headstock where the previous owner (a member of this Forum, no names, no pack drill, :) ) dropped the lid of his substantial flightcase on it.

£750 plus postage/carriage/diesel.

This is an excellent bass and I'm in no panic to sell, hence I and am prepared to wait until someone makes a sensible financial offer for it.

Edited by obbm

[quote name='stufunkybass' post='505020' date='Jun 3 2009, 08:30 PM']Lovely bass,

I am tempted -

I have a 5 string Moon bass up at the moment on Basschat!

Take a look.

Stu[/quote]

Nice bass however if I trade then it has to be 34-inch scale and 2 3/4 -inch string spacing at the bridge like SR5. I've been down the 35-inch scale route and the spacing at the nut end is too much.

[quote name='molan' post='506087' date='Jun 5 2009, 07:46 AM']Woah Dave, what are you up to?

Having a bit of a monster clearout![/quote]

Yup although I don't have any monsters for sale. Oops I might get sued for using that word..

[quote name='devinebass' post='507468' date='Jun 7 2009, 12:35 PM']Hi, whats the weight??[/quote]

By using self and then self + bass technique on bathroom scales it appears to be about 4.7Kg.

[quote name='obbm' post='507521' date='Jun 7 2009, 02:21 PM']By using self and then self + bass technique on bathroom scales it appears to be about 4.7Kg.[/quote]

Are you sure about that Dave?

Mine weighs less than 4Kg - I usually say 8.5lbs - which is a manageable weight for my shoulders.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='512641' date='Jun 13 2009, 10:07 AM']Are you sure about that Dave?

Mine weighs less than 4Kg - I usually say 8.5lbs - which is a manageable weight for my shoulders.[/quote]

It was the bathroom scales with me as well, also the J-Retro and battery weight almost 0.35 Kg.

Best measurement is to come and play it.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='PapillonIrl' post='529634' date='Jul 1 2009, 02:50 PM']Really like this....

If you are interested in sending it to Ireland, please get me a rough quote on the postage.

Very tempted.

Cheers,

Nathan[/quote]

Looks like in the order of £65 insured.

[quote name='PapillonIrl' post='529647' date='Jul 1 2009, 03:15 PM']Thanks for quick reply. Going to do some sums.[/quote]

OK if you want to go ahead then please PM me.