Why become a member? ×

Rare one off Trace Elliot all valve (Whats it worth?)

traceisking

Heya!

Just trying to find out what my bass head is worth as looking to sell it on ebay possibly soon!

Any ideas? please feel welcome to comment!

Its a Trace Elliot V6 Custom serial CV6001

Built in the U.K it was purchased off a Trace Elliot trade show by the shop and i beleive it was built as a show piece.

Its like a standard V6 but with a different case, And its got the 6550eh tubes in it!

With that serial I'm wondering if it might be a prototype or the first amp of the production run. Probably the wrong time to be selling if you want the top price for it, but its probably going to be of great interest to anyone with some surplus cash and an interest in getting a V-head. If it was me, I wouldn't let it go for less than £1200, someone somewhere is bound to be willing to pay that. If not in the UK then almost certainly in Europe where they're a little less price sensitive if the gear is right.

Have you opened it up and checked for writing on the PCB inside?

I don't know if the 6550's are what the head was designed for but my V8 has KT88's in it. 6550's can tend to sound a little grindy as anyone playing an SVT at full tilt will know.

Right have spoken to try and find more info as have never really bothered before.

I called the company on the trace elliot website that it says for products pre-dating 2005

before peavy purchased TE as some of their engineers work for this company now.

The guy advised me this may either of been a one off job for an endorsed artist or for used as a piece for trace elliot shows.

he said the v6's were originally a little unreliable so as well as the cosmetic changes this amp may have had and the tubes there may of been some circuit mods.