Why become a member? ×

Considering a different lightweight route...

Musicman20

[quote name='steve-soar' post='507028' date='Jun 6 2009, 03:22 PM']Just listened to you and your guitarist, Dave, is well loud. Good music though, I like it!
Your singer reminds me of f***ed Up. I thought I was going to end up seeing his bare arse at one point. :)[/quote]

HAHAHAHA...he always gets that comparison. He always gets almost naked and runs into the crowd. I think its his 'thing'...robbed off f***ed Up.

Thanks dude! :rolleyes:

[quote name='steve-soar' post='507035' date='Jun 6 2009, 03:32 PM']Hi Gareth, any plans to play near Liverpool?[/quote]

We'd love to! But as yet we havent 'cracked' that place...we dont know any bands or promoters there...which is a shame. If you know of anyone please let me know! :)

Cheers

You should have bought OBBMs Berg 6x10.

I use a Techsoundsystems 6x10 and for rehearsing, I use a Glockenklang Double 2x12, both really cut through a Marshall TSL 100 and a punky drummer.
My music is not as full on as yours but I still need to feel the bass as well as hear low, mid and top.
If you were nearer you could try them out.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='507037' date='Jun 6 2009, 03:37 PM']We'd love to! But as yet we havent 'cracked' that place...we dont know any bands or promoters there...which is a shame. If you know of anyone please let me know! :rolleyes:

Cheers[/quote]We haven't played anywhere yet, as we need to find a singer. We had this amazing girl who sang with us for a while but she had her own manager, so he would have wanted to be involved and when I heared that his wife was charging this girl for singing lessons, I decided to give it a very wide berth. :)

There are loads of punk nights happening in Liverpool, which can only be a good thing, so I'll get you some info.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='507041' date='Jun 6 2009, 03:41 PM']You should have bought OBBMs Berg 6x10.

I use a Techsoundsystems 6x10 and for rehearsing, I use a Glockenklang Double 2x12, both really cut through a Marshall TSL 100 and a punky drummer.
My music is not as full on as yours but I still need to feel the bass as well as hear low, mid and top.
If you were nearer you could try them out.[/quote]

I nearly did! But im awaiting some response from potential buyers for my Ampeg 810.

I REALLY like the Aguilar sound, Im tempted to go for 2 DB212s. Use one for practice, two for bigger gigs. Im pretty sure I cna sort out one DB212 being loud enough for small setups we do. It might have just been the room, im convinced its not just the amp/cabs.

Something about 12s is drawing me in! The Aggies are fairly heavy, but then again, one on its own isnt that bad.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='507062' date='Jun 6 2009, 04:13 PM']If I can be persuaded they are better/more suitable, I might opt for a Barefaced Compact instead of a Schroe...hmmm! :)[/quote]

Would it be worth gambling the £10 return postage to find out if you can save yourself many times more? :rolleyes:

Alex

Ok, so I'm not playing at anything like your volumes and only against one guitarist but I can certainly give a big thumbs up for the deep bass response of a humble little Berg AE 1x12.

I'm running with a pair of them and have had to cut low bass in the eq at some gigs.

If you position them near a rear wall they really chuck out a heavy old bucket of bass :)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='507044' date='Jun 6 2009, 03:46 PM']We haven't played anywhere yet, as we need to find a singer. We had this amazing girl who sang with us for a while but she had her own manager, so he would have wanted to be involved and when I heared that his wife was charging this girl for singing lessons, I decided to give it a very wide berth. :)

There are loads of punk nights happening in Liverpool, which can only be a good thing, so I'll get you some info.[/quote]

Cheers would be appreciated! Let us know when you have some tunes sorted id like to have a listen!

[quote name='alexclaber' post='507076' date='Jun 6 2009, 04:50 PM']Would it be worth gambling the £10 return postage to find out if you can save yourself many times more? ;)

Alex[/quote]

Im half tempted to go for a compact but in vintage stying. It'd be probably for you next batch, im jusst going to sort my money out and check the photos of the compact in vintage :rolleyes:

[quote name='molan' post='507077' date='Jun 6 2009, 04:50 PM']Ok, so I'm not playing at anything like your volumes and only against one guitarist but I can certainly give a big thumbs up for the deep bass response of a humble little Berg AE 1x12.

I'm running with a pair of them and have had to cut low bass in the eq at some gigs.

If you position them near a rear wall they really chuck out a heavy old bucket of bass :lol:[/quote]

Id ove two AE112s...but wow, the prices are so high now. Id love some Berg gear, but Im going to wait on it for now...I really like the look of the AE410 :D

Thanks!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='507085' date='Jun 6 2009, 05:13 PM']Id ove two AE112s...but wow, the prices are so high now.

Thanks![/quote]

If you can hold the GAS for a while then some might come up 2nd hand. I think mine were about £650 for the pair including a nice set of original Berg covers

Really great little cabs. I can use one for small gigs or rehearsals & the pair covers anything else I'd ever need (I'm in the foh PA mix as well but often only just adding a little high end to the bass sound depending on the room).

They weigh sod all as well & I can fit both of them in the boot of a 3 series Beemer!

[quote name='molan' post='507335' date='Jun 7 2009, 01:41 AM']If you can hold the GAS for a while then some might come up 2nd hand. I think mine were about £650 for the pair including a nice set of original Berg covers

Really great little cabs. I can use one for small gigs or rehearsals & the pair covers anything else I'd ever need (I'm in the foh PA mix as well but often only just adding a little high end to the bass sound depending on the room).

They weigh sod all as well & I can fit both of them in the boot of a 3 series Beemer![/quote]

Im going to keep my eye out! Thanks !

Yeah, at the moment, they are £635 just for one!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='507062' date='Jun 6 2009, 04:13 PM']If I can be persuaded they are better/more suitable, I might opt for a Barefaced Compact instead of a Schroe...hmmm! :)[/quote]

"For an even lighter rig how about 1 or 2 Barefaced Compacts? These are 1x15 and weigh only about 30lbs and are very easy to carry. I had a Schroeder 1212L and sold it as soon as I had used a Compact for the first time.

The Compact is probably not as apparently loud as the Schroeder, which is fairly mid prominent, but produce a more even response that goes down further and is very efficient. At 8 ohms you could drive a pair with any of the heads you mention and that would give you an ear bleedingly loud rig. At £425 delivered they are also probably cheaper than any of the cabs you list."

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=49128&view=findpost&p=489621"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=489621[/url]

That's fairly persuasive! :rolleyes:

Alex

[quote name='Musicman20' post='507087' date='Jun 6 2009, 05:18 PM']Has anyone else noticed how everyone on talkbass seems to own Genz amps and cabs?! Well not all of them, but that company really have hit into the market. Never tried them yet...I like the idea of the shuttle but not so sure about the cabs.[/quote]
the cabs are good too

Decided Im gonna wait on the lightweight cab. I fell in love with having 2 Aguilar DB212s in Chocolate Thunder, so the Ampeg is off and the Aguilar's are on their way. So thats enough of a big rig...and can use one for small venues.

Im going to have a think about lightweight...so many different things going on with it. Ive got enough cabs now...for a few months :)