Why become a member? ×

urgent question I sorta need to know before 12 today!

gafbass02

[quote name='gafbass02' post='499710' date='May 28 2009, 11:30 AM']Is it safe to run a little mark 2 as a preamp into the studio without speakers connected? I'm pretty sure it is but thought I'd check 1st as I can find it anywhere and have to go in half an hour. ![/quote]

[url="http://www.markbass.it/faq.php"]http://www.markbass.it/faq.php[/url]

6th question down.

Can I use my Markbass amp without connecting to a speaker cabinet?
Yes, any Markbass amp can be used as a preamp only. We recommend that when doing so, you turn off the master volume (not essential, but it?s better for the amp). The gain control will alone regulate the output from the amp.

Awesome!! See that's why I love you guys!!! Thanks loads. I can only assume by turn off the volume he means turn it down.
Bless the lot of ya!!
(I'm off to do more Loungefly songs. We got an email off Rick Wakeman asking if he could play us on his planet rock show which is nice. So we are this and next Sat am apparently.)

[quote name='gafbass02' post='499724' date='May 28 2009, 11:36 AM']Awesome!! See that's why I love you guys!!! Thanks loads. I can only assume by turn off the volume he means turn it down.
Bless the lot of ya!!
(I'm off to do more Loungefly songs. We got an email off Rick Wakeman asking if he could play us on his planet rock show which is nice. So we are this and next Sat am apparently.)[/quote]

He emailed [b]you[/b]? Awesome! (in the old sense!)

[quote name='gafbass02' post='499724' date='May 28 2009, 11:36 AM']Awesome!! See that's why I love you guys!!! Thanks loads. I can only assume by turn off the volume he means turn it down.
Bless the lot of ya!!
(I'm off to do more Loungefly songs. We got an email off Rick Wakeman asking if he could play us on his planet rock show which is nice. So we are this and next Sat am apparently.)[/quote]

Ok so im too late too the party but i just wanted to add you need to use the XLR if you want EQ and the filters in the mix.

Hope it went well.

Cheers dude, just got in, four tracks nailed. Used the lm2 from the xlr no probs at all, coupled with my compressor, hartke vxl and noise suppressor I managed to get a cracking, well controlled signal that sounded fab, and crucially sounded like me. Pretty much the same as the live mic sound on the useless wooden toys stuff.
Thanks again for all the help guys.

[quote name='gafbass02' post='499962' date='May 28 2009, 03:38 PM']Cheers dude, just got in, four tracks nailed. Used the lm2 from the xlr no probs at all, coupled with my compressor, hartke vxl and noise suppressor I managed to get a cracking, well controlled signal that sounded fab, and crucially sounded like me. Pretty much the same as the live mic sound on the useless wooden toys stuff.
Thanks again for all the help guys.[/quote]

Nice one.

I'll listen out for you on Sat.