Why become a member? ×

Obscure 80's Band Question

StevieC

Hi folks,

One of my favourite albums is 'Strange Kind of Love' by Scottish band Love and Money. Bobby Paterson is credited with the bass duties - if you get a chance to hear the album, take it - There are some great basslines on there (very funky) and it sounds superb. The bluesy lead guitar work is also awesome.

Finally, the band split up not long after making that album - If anyone knows what Bobby's up to these days, I'd be interested to know. Cheers.

Steve

[quote name='StevieC' post='499346' date='May 27 2009, 09:50 PM']Hi folks,

One of my favourite albums is 'Strange Kind of Love' by Scottish band Love and Money. Bobby Paterson is credited with the bass duties - if you get a chance to hear the album, take it - There are some great basslines on there (very funky) and it sounds superb. The bluesy lead guitar work is also awesome.

Finally, the band split up not long after making that album - If anyone knows what Bobby's up to these days, I'd be interested to know. Cheers.

Steve[/quote]

[url="http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/bobby-paterson-409534.html"]He's dead[/url]

[quote name='StevieC' post='499346' date='May 27 2009, 09:50 PM']Hi folks,

Steve[/quote]

The album is on Spotify...
[url="http://open.spotify.com/album/3QAus2yQqSIuFgrWaL2aOB"]http://open.spotify.com/album/3QAus2yQqSIuFgrWaL2aOB[/url]

Wow! there's a blast from the past!

I loved that album when I was at art college back when it came out. The songs were fantastic, the vocals were great, the production was superb. I'd really like to hear it again now. I've only got it on vinyl (somewhere??) so not very convenient.

[quote name='Golchen' post='499613' date='May 28 2009, 09:31 AM']Wow! there's a blast from the past!

I loved that album when I was at art college back when it came out. The songs were fantastic, the vocals were great, the production was superb. I'd really like to hear it again now. I've only got it on vinyl (somewhere??) so not very convenient.[/quote]
I've got it on now thanks to this topic. Real blast from the past.

It's 80s big production alright - lots of reverb, double tracking, DX7s, and clean Fender Strats a-go a-go!

Edited by stingrayfan

[quote name='Golchen' post='499613' date='May 28 2009, 09:31 AM']Wow! there's a blast from the past!

I loved that album when I was at art college back when it came out. The songs were fantastic, the vocals were great, the production was superb. I'd really like to hear it again now. I've only got it on vinyl (somewhere??) so not very convenient.[/quote]

Spotify?

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='499828' date='May 28 2009, 01:27 PM']I thought Hipsway were great! Did they not evolve into what is now Texas??

BB[/quote]

They where mates of my current band members or something. So where "The Exploited" of which there is a good story... when they appeared on TOTPs they got nabbed as they where all on the doll at the time :)

• 3 years later...

[quote name='StevieC' timestamp='1243457438' post='499346']
Hi folks,

Steve
[/quote]I was gonna start a post for the late Bobby Paterson, but you already know about this great player !
One of the best examples of how a 'Stingray' should sound.

This guy was mustard. There should be some recognition for him on this forum, If only for his family.

Chris