Why become a member? ×

Eden WTX-260

The Funk

Just wondering if any of you guys have any experience of [url="http://www.eden-electronics.com/products/amps/indiv/wtx260.asp"]this ultra portable head from Eden[/url]. Looks like it could fit in a standard gig bag's front pouch.

Edited by The Funk

Haven't tried this product, but I'd take a vouch for Eden gear anytime! Just got myself an Eden Metro combo and it blew me away! Tone, verstility, power - its got everything! Though its very heavy!!! Thank god for the castors!!!!

That little box looks very portable though, and probably not heavy at all! :)

Definatley worth a look I reckon.

Edited by Simon

[quote name='The Funk' post='53302' date='Aug 31 2007, 12:37 PM']It's going for £750 here but $720 (£350) in the US![/quote]

I had a loan of one for an evening last year. I was considering buying one, or an EA300. To be honest I was pretty dissapointed with it, and ended up placing an order for the EA, even though I hadn't tried one. Having said that I don't know how it compares to the EA since I havn't received it yet.

• 6 months later...

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='52434' date='Aug 29 2007, 04:19 PM']"The amplifier automatically senses and adjusts itself to local voltage.”

nice :)[/quote]

It's a rare switch-mode supply that doesn't these days - they're making a feature of something I'd expect to be there :huh:

Andy

Well, the other odd thing about it is the fact that there are no references on Google to this Golden Ear chip they claim is used in most high end consoles.

It could be a clone or it could just be a load of BS.

Still, I like the fact that it'll fit in my gig bag. Now I just need to get myself an Acme B1 and I'll have my mini rig sorted: stroll into a gig with a gig bag on my back, carrying the cab in my hands.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='The Funk' post='155919' date='Mar 12 2008, 01:36 PM']Any update on this? I've just asked a relative to pick one up for me in the US. I should have it next week.

I will let you guys know what I think![/quote]

Any update on how you are getting on with your mini Eden? I am currently negotiating with my sister to pick one up for me (she lives in the states) and then pay her back when I see her next month. :)

I think it'll complement (or is it compliment? I'm never sure!) the Omni 10 cabinet I'm about to start building...

Edited by rbatts2000

[quote name='The Funk' post='156092' date='Mar 12 2008, 04:42 PM']Well, the other odd thing about it is the fact that there are no references on Google to this Golden Ear chip they claim is used in most high end consoles.

It could be a clone or it could just be a load of BS.

Still, I like the fact that it'll fit in my gig bag. Now I just need to get myself an Acme B1 and I'll have my mini rig sorted: stroll into a gig with a gig bag on my back, carrying the cab in my hands.[/quote]

Your Acme B1 may make the amp sound less like 260w and more like 80w I suspect. I tried one of these heads in the Bass Gallery and, shortly before the fuse blew out, it sounded good but at the absolute minimum in terms of volume that I'd need to compete with a drummer unless I had an ultra sensitive cab. Thats why I asked Alex if I could (unfortunately) try it with the EBS 2x12 neo. Thanks to the fuse going, I didn't get to test the difference. Might have another go next time I'm up there though.

[quote name='gilmour' post='156399' date='Mar 13 2008, 12:15 AM']i've got the WT405 - and it's awesome, looks great, sounds great. gives areally clean accurate reproduction of you bass tone :)[/quote]

+1 - I'm really pleased with the WT405; small, lightweight, loud and a great sound.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='189875' date='May 1 2008, 05:59 PM']Your Acme B1 may make the amp sound less like 260w and more like 80w I suspect. I tried one of these heads in the Bass Gallery and, shortly before the fuse blew out, it sounded good but at the absolute minimum in terms of volume that I'd need to compete with a drummer unless I had an ultra sensitive cab. Thats why I asked Alex if I could (unfortunately) try it with the EBS 2x12 neo. Thanks to the fuse going, I didn't get to test the difference. Might have another go next time I'm up there though.[/quote]

It's louder than my Gallien-Krueger MB150S (which is only 100W). I need to get my arse in gear, give it a proper work out and submit a full review.

I only want it for the smaller gigs (or multi-band gigs) where I'll be going through the PA but don't want to hear my bass through a crappy monitor. It can't replace my big rig and wasn't intended for that purpose.

Even though it pumps out a theoretical 290W in the UK, it will not sound as loud as my old 280W GK head through a Hartke 2x10 and 1x15, but then it's just coming out of one 10" speaker.

My initial impressions are that it's louder, cleaner, deeper, fuller and more airy than the GK MB150S (and far less noisy). I do still marvel at the MB150S but I'd feel safer taking this to a gig. Until I've actually gigged it I won't be able to tell you guys how it copes.

Edited by The Funk