Why become a member? ×

Musicman Piezo Stingray 4 String FS £750

cd_david

Decided to sell this now as i need to buy a new car. No swaps at the present time thanks.

It is a piezo, 3 band natural 4 string, originally came with the grey granite guard, which i still have and comes with musicman ltd edition case, I think it is an early ltd edition?? not sure though.

Gorgeous birdseye neck.

Is in excellent condition, little or no marks to comment or photograph,

Only mod is i have had the back of the neck finished in satin lacquer by Dave Wilson. Plays like a dream and sounds stunning.

It plays like a dream with very low action. The addition of the Piezo makes for an enormous tonal range from acoustic bass to full on stingray, if both are used an incredible stingray sound is possible, almost 3D in sound.

Bass with big bald head in the pickguard :)

Thanks
Dave

Edited by cd_david

[quote name='cd_david' post='497540' date='May 25 2009, 08:39 PM']This is a feeler at the moment, I am thinking about swapping this bass for a fretless stingray only,[/quote]

Realistically, you could probably pick up a fretless Stingray for less than this fretted Stingray with its Piezo bridge is worth, so it might be worth selling outright…

Nice bass BTW :) Good luck with the sale/trade.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='497873' date='May 26 2009, 11:37 AM']Realistically, you could probably pick up a fretless Stingray for less than this fretted Stingray with its Piezo bridge is worth, so it might be worth selling outright…

Nice bass BTW :rolleyes: Good luck with the sale/trade.[/quote]

Probably right but it's certainly less hassle to just do a straight swap with someone :)

[quote name='Waldo' post='497882' date='May 26 2009, 11:44 AM']Probably right but it's certainly less hassle to just do a straight swap with someone :)[/quote]

That’s definitely arguable and probably true in 80% of trade deals, but it’s by no means definitive. Depends how much he'd like £100 cash in his pocket as well as a nice fretless :brow:

Hi Dave,

I've got a fretless Ray 4 here that I'm not really using (early '90s I think, 3 band, slightly aging white [one small chip out of the paint on the underside of the neck joint, otherwise spotless], tort guard, unlined pau ferro board). You're welcome to come and try it whenever you like, I'd be happy to take that as a trade.

- Kev

Some quick blurry phone snaps for you. Six bolt neck, pretty glossy, the maple on the neck's nothing special, older style bridge but no mutes. Action's proper low, f/board looks a bit marked up from rounds but not too bad, certainly plays alright.

If you fancy trying it out just let me know, I work from home so I'm usually here.

Here's some photos. Should've cleaned the board first but no time :) I can feel the marks if I rub my thumb over it but it's pretty superficial stuff really. The worst of it is shown in the last photo - between the 3rd and 7th fret positions on the A.

That natural fretless in the photo above looks gorgeous.

Edited by thisnameistaken

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='499862' date='May 28 2009, 01:58 PM']That natural fretless in the photo above looks gorgeous.[/quote]

Oh man, I am missing it so much already.

Thanks for the pic Oliver, keep in touch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='MB1' post='637812' date='Oct 27 2009, 12:39 PM']MB1. :rolleyes:
.....Top Of The Pops![/quote]

[quote name='dangee' post='637823' date='Oct 27 2009, 12:49 PM']Very nice![/quote]

Thanks, Just wish someone would buy it :) I need to buy a fretless