Why become a member? ×

Chunk Octavius Squeezer, Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz & Dan Echo, MXR Blue Box

Maximus

[b]Chunk Octavius Squeezer
[/b]Well I sold this, then it started acting up with the new owner. So I issued him a refund and the pedal is now repaired. (UPDATE:) I emailed Chunk and it turns out that Godlyke couldn't find a problem with the squeezer and neither could I when I tried it. I'm not sure what the buyer was talking about but I'm assuming he was doing something wrong...

It's in good condition with a couple bumps 'n chips. Comes with box and instruction manual.

This is number 53 with Richard Cartwright's (the maker) signature on the side, part of a limited signed run. You can even have the medium sized chunk systems t-shirt that came with it if you want it! (I'll clean it obviously :) )

Looking for [b]£310 shipped[/b].

[b]Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
[/b]This is a cool fuzz and has been subject to some controversy about Danelectro copying several circuits from boutique builders. Well this one is meant to be the same or very similar to a Frantone Peach Fuzz. It sounds great, massive low end and very deep.

Just FYI, this circuit has actually been repealed by Danelectro and been changed which shows there could be some truth behind the copying. This is a 'pre-change' one.

Looking for [b]£30 shipped[/b] SOLD

[b]Danelectro Dan Echo
[/b]Great simple delay pedal designed to emulate tape echo and vintage echo sounds. It's a bit scratched and doesn't have a box.

[b]£30 Shipped[/b] SOLD

[b]MXR Blue Box
[/b]Great condition, with box.
This is a very cool pedal that does a 2 octaves down fuzz, producing a very heavy and synthy sound.

[b]SOLD[/b]

Got 18 George L's .155 Angled Connectors - SOLD
and 9 feet of cable - SOLD

I might accept trades Bass micro synth, Subdecay Noise Box or Subdecay Prometheus.

Edited by Maximus

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='497661' date='May 25 2009, 11:23 PM']Mind if I ask what the problem was?

Mine's in the post back from Chunk at the moment, was randomly crashing, seemed like a power problem. I just wondered if yours was doing the same thing.

Pretty brilliant little boxes these.[/quote]

The firmware that it shipped with is useless. Flash it with the new firmware before you do anything and things should be a hell of a lot better. I think Chunk messed up - there was so much urgency getting the units out, I think that the software that it shipped with was far too buggy.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='497661' date='May 25 2009, 11:23 PM']Mind if I ask what the problem was?

Mine's in the post back from Chunk at the moment, was randomly crashing, seemed like a power problem. I just wondered if yours was doing the same thing.

Pretty brilliant little boxes these.[/quote]
Yeah, that's pretty much it. It was never consistent with the way it crashed either, there was always a different error message and things. I think Godlyke just reloaded some stable firmware.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='497677' date='May 25 2009, 11:55 PM']The firmware that it shipped with is useless. Flash it with the new firmware before you do anything and things should be a hell of a lot better.[/quote]

Nah there was definitely a hardware problem with mine - I tried a couple of firmware revisions and three different power supplies. Should all be resolved now anyway, looking forward to getting it back. :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='iamapirate' post='525861' date='Jun 27 2009, 12:14 PM']Trade the Chunk for a leg? Not too battered, about 16 years old?[/quote]
Haha, I'm afraid I already have a couple slightly more vintage 17 year old legs.

And just as an FYI to anyone interested in the Chunk, I've got a prospective buyer for it but I'm just making sure it hasn't got any faults left over from the past.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='WarPig' post='537124' date='Jul 10 2009, 11:31 AM']do you have any clips of the blue box?

Whats it like with bass?[/quote]
Sorry, I've not got clips. There may be some in the Talkbass clips database, I'll have a look in a second.

The octave is obviously pretty dodgy on bass (it's 2 octaves down), however if you're looking for a really synthy sounding fuzz for playing up high it's amazing.

I know several Talkbass members love it (I think there's even a fan club) and Toasted of this board seemed to enjoy his. I've not played it in a while so I'll have to get it out after work to test it out and see what the fuzz is like on its own.

[quote name='Maximus' post='537127' date='Jul 10 2009, 11:38 AM']Sorry, I've not got clips. There may be some in the Talkbass clips database, I'll have a look in a second.

The octave is obviously pretty dodgy on bass (it's 2 octaves down), however if you're looking for a really synthy sounding fuzz for playing up high it's amazing.

I know several Talkbass members love it (I think there's even a fan club) and Toasted of this board seemed to enjoy his. I've not played it in a while so I'll have to get it out after work to test it out and see what the fuzz is like on its own.[/quote]

Cheers matey. The soundclips on TB no longer exsist, but from what ive read its not quite what im looking for.

Best of luck with the sale. :)