Why become a member? ×

It's My Life Bass tab

beerdragon

I have to learn It's My Life by No Doubt. Its not difficult but i thought i would check out the Tab. my question is whats the oh2 in this tab. ta.

G:------------------------------------------------2------2---0h2-----|
D:-2---2---0h2---------2---0h2---4------4---2h4----------------------|
A:---------------2-------------------------------------------------2-|x1
E:-------------------------------------------------------------------|

[quote name='beerdragon' post='496007' date='May 23 2009, 01:12 PM']I have to learn It's My Life by No Doubt. Its not difficult but i thought i would check out the Tab. my question is whats the oh2 in this tab. ta.

E:-------------------------------------------------------------------|[/quote]
Hammer on from open to 2nd fret (i.e. don't pluck the note on the 2nd fret).

[quote name='beerdragon' post='496007' date='May 23 2009, 01:12 PM']I have to learn It's My Life by No Doubt. Its not difficult but i thought i would check out the Tab. my question is whats the oh2 in this tab. ta.

E:-------------------------------------------------------------------|[/quote]

Is it hammer on? and hes got it the wrong way round.

And just as an aside, the TAB renders much better if you whack it in "codebox" tags:

[codebox]G:------------------------------------------------2------2---0h2-----|
E:-------------------------------------------------------------------|
[/codebox]

[quote name='beerdragon' post='496017' date='May 23 2009, 01:22 PM']Thanks, yeah i think Talk Talk did it originally.[/quote]

Linus27 did a vid of this bassline on YouTube and got the approvial of Talk talk bassist Paul Webb!:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=41813&hl=paul+webb"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=paul+webb[/url]

[quote name='Platypus' post='496022' date='May 23 2009, 01:39 PM']Linus27 did a vid of this bassline on YouTube and got the approvial of Talk talk bassist Paul Webb!:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=41813&hl=paul+webb"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=paul+webb[/url][/quote]

Thanks platypus and Linus27! :)

The Talk-Talk and the No-Doubt versions have lots of detail differences. Different key for a start (Eb vs. E). The original is probably a touch harder - you can't play it with open strings!. Great bass-line either way. It gets more fun right after the the bit you've tabbed of course :)

Edited by thepurpleblob

[quote name='Platypus' post='496022' date='May 23 2009, 01:39 PM']Linus27 did a vid of this bassline on YouTube and got the approvial of Talk talk bassist Paul Webb!:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=41813&hl=paul+webb"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=paul+webb[/url][/quote]

HEHEHE cool, thanks for the heads up. Still smiling from Paul Webbs comment :)

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='496118' date='May 23 2009, 04:23 PM']The Talk-Talk and the No-Doubt versions have lots of detail differences. Different key for a start (Eb vs. E). The original is probably a touch harder - you can't play it with open strings!. Great bass-line either way. It gets more fun right after the the bit you've tabbed of course :)[/quote]

We have a female vocalist so that's why doing the No doubt version.

Being a huge Talk Talk fan I obviously hate the No Doubt version! :rolleyes: For me the playing on the original is far superior.

In any case have fun with it, it's great bass line. :)

Edited by rjb

[quote name='rjb' post='501439' date='May 30 2009, 09:40 AM']Being a huge Talk Talk fan I obviously hate the No Doubt version! :rolleyes: For me the playing on the original is far superior.

In any case have fun with it, it's great bass line. :)[/quote]

I forgot... the original is fretless too! The pitching was nearly as bad as mine which gives it a bit of charm IMHO!

[quote name='rjb' post='501439' date='May 30 2009, 09:40 AM']Being a huge Talk Talk fan I obviously hate the No Doubt version! :rolleyes: For me the playing on the original is far superior.

In any case have fun with it, it's great bass line. :)[/quote]

I'm with you on that also, nothing beats the Talk Talk version. Big Talk Talk and Paul Webb fan also. If you want a challenge, try learning Living In Another World. I am very nearly there.

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='501450' date='May 30 2009, 09:58 AM']I forgot... the original is fretless too! The pitching was nearly as bad as mine which gives it a bit of charm IMHO![/quote]

When Paul Webb commented on my version, he said he prefered to play fretless in the studio and fretted live.