Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Birthday.....

smudge

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='498275' date='May 26 2009, 08:24 PM']I think the pearly king in the Cockney Compression might have been Clive Roberts (Peavey Europe MD) although I can't see enough of his face to be 100% sure.[/quote]

Welcome back CK! Hope NZ is still open :rolleyes: :)

[quote name='silddx' post='498369' date='May 26 2009, 11:00 PM']Welcome back CK! Hope NZ is still open :lol: :rolleyes:[/quote]
cheers Silddx, its definitely open and a bit chilly to be honest. Eight degrees! :) Still, hopefully I might do a bit of skiing later on in Winter, if I'm still in Chch.

I love Trace Elliots I aspired to get one more or less since I started playing bass. Used a couple in rehearsal studios and bought my first one in the mid 1980s. AH250 with a 1x15 and 4x10 cab. I used to get goosebumps when I turned it on and the UV light kicked in. It looked the dogs bollocks on stage all lit up and sounded absoloutley killer at the time. It was a nightmare to cart around and I sold it in the end. Then I got a Series 6 GP7 combo bought new from the bass centre in Wapping. I gigged it extensively with my Status 6-String for years, must have done around 100 gigs with it and it never let me down. Great sound, easily transportable and reliable. I sold it when I gave up playing bass and forgot how great they sound until I used one the other week at an audition. It sounded amazing with my Sansamp VT running through the effects loop. I also used to own a 1x15 GP12 SMX combo with the solid state/valve tuning (sadly women didn't take their clothes off when I dialled in a valve sound) but that was also a great little amp. I sold it on Basschat years ago.
The one thing I've found with Trace Elliot amps, as soon as I do a gig or turn up at a studio where I am borrowing an amp, if its a Trace I know its going to sound OK without massive amounts of tweaking and dialling in. I love 'em. If they did something like the Genz Benz shuttle which gave you that Trace sound. I'd beat a path to their doors and buy it without a moments hesitation.

[quote name='Paul S' post='498279' date='May 26 2009, 08:34 PM']For anyone who doesn't know the remote parts of Essex - that 'Secret Nuclear Bunker' sign is for real. Makes me snigger every time I drive by.[/quote]

[b]LOL![/b] Not so secret then? :rolleyes:

Anyways, it's good to see that even though there is a craze for new gear at the mo (Such as Markbass which I have used to up until now) that there is still love for the heavy weighted green and mean stuff. :)
Indeed it is a tone unmatched.
It's good to have the pre-shape on footswitch too..I don;t like it on all the time as I like my mids but stomp on it when you might wanna cut through with some slap or tapping and then stomp it back off...it's awesome!

[quote name='Paul S' post='498279' date='May 26 2009, 08:34 PM']For anyone who doesn't know the remote parts of Essex - that 'Secret Nuclear Bunker' sign is for real. Makes me snigger every time I drive by.[/quote]

Ha ha. Brilliant.