Why become a member? ×

Hercules wall hangers

BottomEndian

With another baby Endian on the way, space is getting tight in the house. I'm thinking I might need to hang my basses on the wall to free up some floor. So I've been looking at the Hercules GSP38WB hanger, which seems to be well respected.

Trouble is, I've got [url="http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-BTB775PB"]this beast of a 5-stringer[/url] with a wide neck: 47 mm at the nut. Can someone with a GSP38WB hanger please measure the maximum neck width you can fit in it? Or if someone knows of a better hanger option, let me know.

Ta!

:)

[quote name='Alien' post='495080' date='May 22 2009, 12:41 PM']It'll be touch and go - I've just measured one of mine at 47mm on the nail. There's a little bit of give in the foam, so you'll probably be OK, but you didn't get that from me :rolleyes:[/quote]
Thanks for that. It sounds tight. Looks like I'll have to measure my actual beast tonight, to see if it's up to proper spec. :)

Anybody got any suggestions for a wider hanger if it won't fit?

I used to use them for my Yamaha 6 before I sold it, and I still use one for my other 6, which actually has quite a wide neck, so I think you should be alreet. I always found them to be good (after I got over the initial terror at the prospect of actually hanging them on the wall anyway!!) :)

Dan

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='495030' date='May 22 2009, 11:59 AM']With another baby Endian on the way, space is getting tight in the house. I'm thinking I might need to hang my basses on the wall to free up some floor. So I've been looking at the Hercules GSP38WB hanger, which seems to be well respected.

Trouble is, I've got [url="http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-BTB775PB"]this beast of a 5-stringer[/url] with a wide neck: 47 mm at the nut. Can someone with a GSP38WB hanger please measure the maximum neck width you can fit in it? Or if someone knows of a better hanger option, let me know.

Ta!

:)[/quote]

APPROX. 2".....48mm wide.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='495559' date='May 22 2009, 09:06 PM']Well, I've just measured the actual width at the nut, and it's a touch under 47 mm, so I think it's worth a crack. If you see one of these hangers in the For Sale section in the next few days... you'll know it didn't work out.

Thanks for the info, people. :)[/quote]

I've got these wall-hangers and it looks like a clear 50mm to me.