Why become a member? ×

Rare custom order Warwick Thumb...Striaght sale now £800

sjc75

Ok I have a gorgeous 4 string bolt on Thumb which looks to be a custom order. It's in pristine condition...never been gigged. It's probably the best slap machine I've ever played thanks to the full on maple body, neck and thunderous Basslines pick up. It's got a 2 band eq and a push/pull volume pot to swtich from passive to active.

Any questions etc drop me a line back. Going for a steal at £800, delivery via Parcleforce/DHL from NI to UK will be about £30 or you can arrange your own courier.

[attachment=25596:may_09_008.JPG]
[attachment=25597:may_09_001.JPG]
[attachment=25598:may_09_006.JPG]
[attachment=25599:may_09_007.JPG]

Edited by sjc75

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='493704' date='May 20 2009, 09:07 PM']How old is the bass and is there a CS plate on the back of the headstock above the volute or a 'holographic' (for want of a better word) CS logo on the back of the headstock top?[/quote]

Hi It's not one of their Custom Shop models they bring out....I was advised (still waiting on Warwick officially coming back to me) it was probably a private order with specific spec on body/neck/pick up etc.....there's no CS plate on it......once Warwick come back to me I'll post what they say......Simon

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='493734' date='May 20 2009, 09:44 PM']Wouldn't the custom shop make the custom orders? :)[/quote]

I would think that it was made by their custom shop....just mean it wasn't one of the "Official" custom models they bring out from time to time like the Dirty Blonde etc which would have the full Custom Shop markings such as the CS plate.....

[quote name='sjc75' post='493753' date='May 20 2009, 10:06 PM']I would think that it was made by their custom shop....just mean it wasn't one of the "Official" custom models they bring out from time to time like the Dirty Blonde etc which would have the full Custom Shop markings such as the CS plate.....[/quote]

I think you’re confusing the limited editions that don’t have the CS plate/badge on the back of the headstock with custom shop orders that do have the CS plate/badge on the back of the headstock.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='493758' date='May 20 2009, 10:09 PM']I think you’re confusing the limited editions that don’t have the CS plate/badge on the back of the headstock with custom shop orders that do have the CS plate/badge on the back of the headstock.[/quote]

thanks to all the warwick experts (sadly i'm not) for their feedback on this.....defo no CS plate on it just a serial number ending in 01 which i'm thinking refers to the year it was built - the serial is J-087919-01 should anyone be able to shed anymore light...............would really like a neck thru streamer 5 if anyone would like to part with one!

J - 01 = Sept 01

re. the whole CS issue. If it is made by the CS it will say so if it is a Ltd Ed etc it won't have the CS markings but normally (certainly 2001) has a plate indicating the serial number and year of manufacture.

I'm not big on the various BO Thumb bass releases but IMHO a post on the Warwick Forum would shed more light on what the bass actually is (if that matters to anyone) than a response from Warwick HQ. :rolleyes:

Regardless of any of that... good luck getting your trade. :)

[quote name='sjc75' post='496621' date='May 24 2009, 02:46 PM']bump[/quote]

Ok I've had some very appreciated help from the guys on the Warwick forum site.....they seem pretty sure this was a Custom model called a Maple Monster or Thumb MM ...which is quite apt as it really is a beautiful maple moster!! Aparantly they were a limited custom edition made for a music shop in Germany called Art of Music with about 100 4 strings made and 50 five strings...

So you chance to get your hands on a wee bit of Warwick history...

[quote name='tischbein' post='496625' date='May 24 2009, 02:55 PM']I always thought Thumbs have 26 frets... somebody clarify for me, please. Nice bass. How do you know it´s a Thumb??[/quote]

NT's have 26 frets, at least mine did. Not that I ever used all of 'em!

[quote name='tischbein' post='496625' date='May 24 2009, 02:55 PM']I always thought Thumbs have 26 frets... somebody clarify for me, please. Nice bass. How do you know it´s a Thumb??[/quote]

It's a Thumb BO. They have 24 frets.

[quote name='tischbein' post='496702' date='May 24 2009, 05:27 PM']Thanx... I never used my 26 frets either... :) :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ok I've put this lovely Thumb on ebay for £850.....you know you want to!

If this doesn't go on eBay i've got a Warwick Katana 5 String Thru Neck i'd probably be willing to trade. It's absolutely mint. I bought it thinking i'd get into playing 5-strings, but it's been hung pretty much un-played on the wall ever since.... It the exact model shown in the link below. Offers accepted if anyone else is interested?

[url="http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/produkte/produkt.php?katID=14435&cl=EN"]http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/produkt...14435&cl=EN[/url]

Edited by blackhatbass

[quote name='blackhatbass' post='500067' date='May 28 2009, 05:19 PM']If this doesn't go on eBay i've got a Warwick Katana 5 String Thru Neck i'd probably be willing to trade. It's absolutely mint. I bought it thinking i'd get into playing 5-strings, but it's been hung pretty much un-played on the wall ever since.... It the exact model shown in the link below. Offers accepted if anyone else is interested?

[url="http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/produkte/produkt.php?katID=14435&cl=EN"]http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/produkt...14435&cl=EN[/url][/quote]

pm'd you mate

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='510622' date='Jun 10 2009, 08:37 PM']Just out of interest - do you have any pics of the back of the headstock?[/quote]

I can add a few no problem

S[attachment=26864:warwick_...pics_007.JPG]
[attachment=26865:warwick_...pics_006.JPG]
[attachment=26866:warwick_...pics_008.JPG]

Edited by sjc75