Why become a member? ×

Bernie Marsden's collection

And Ian Bairnson's too (Pilot,0 and he played the solo in Wuthering Heights). Including the Les Paul he played on Pilot's hits and for the Wuthering Heights solo.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, rwillett said:

Oh no, these do look nice. I might be able to afford the Squier but probably not 

Some of the guide prices for the guitars look quite reasonable, but you have to factor in mega-fans getting giddy and putting in silly bids and then you have to ad 32%+ in fees. 

Edited by peteb

I've just assumed that if I was prepared to pay £800 for something then my bid limit is £600 (ish).

It's a bit like eBay sellers flogging something for £1 and then charging £10 P&p. Total price is £11. 

The people who lose out are the sellers here. But everyone has to make a living. No one is forcing us to buy anything here. 

15 hours ago, rwillett said:

I've just assumed that if I was prepared to pay £800 for something then my bid limit is £600 (ish).

It's a bit like eBay sellers flogging something for £1 and then charging £10 P&p. Total price is £11. 

The people who lose out are the sellers here. But everyone has to make a living. No one is forcing us to buy anything here. 

There's also a seller's premium, of course, so the seller probably sees less than 50% of what the buyer pays. I'm sure that the buyer's premium was a little less than this at the last auction when I bought a Variax guitar.