Why become a member? ×

Fender USA Precision Bass V, Reduced - £1000
£1100
Faversham, Kent

Grav

Posted (edited)

Very reluctant sale of my P-Bass. Alas, redundancy forces the decision!

Purchased new in 2021, sounds and plays lovely.

I have fitted some Schaller strap locks (the standard ones are included). Currently fitted with DR flatwounds.

A year ago I took the bass to the supposed local expert for a set-up. The bass came back to me with a crack in the paint around the neck plate (seen in image), I've since had it double and triple checked and it is only a paint crack, still, REALLY annoyed me when it happened! Only other negative is a strange one, the A string has a flaw in the winding near the 3rd fret, not a big deal but I want to cover everything.

Not looking at trades thank you, will listen to offers. Pick-up greatly preferred, am also happy to drive and meet. Postage is possible but would need some discussion to come to an arrangement 🙂

I do not own a scale so weighing is not currently possible I'm afraid.

thumbnail_IMG_4146.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4147.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4148.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4150.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4151.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4152.jpg

Edited by Grav
  • Like 9
  • Sad 2

Looks like he took the neck off to adjust the truss rod, then over screwed the screw near the crack when putting it back on.  Muppet!

I'll be in the market for another fiver in month or two, if this is still around I might be keen.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BillyBass said:

Looks like he took the neck off to adjust the truss rod, then over screwed the screw near the crack when putting it back on.  Muppet!

I'll be in the market for another fiver in month or two, if this is still around I might be keen.

Yeah, most certainly. I explained that I myself had the neck on and off without issue (same as on 5+ other p-basses over the years) but he insisted it is both a bad neck design by Fender and that they always put the paint on too thick. Very frustrating experience!

On 22/05/2024 at 11:48, Grav said:

Yeah, most certainly. I explained that I myself had the neck on and off without issue (same as on 5+ other p-basses over the years) but he insisted it is both a bad neck design by Fender and that they always put the paint on too thick. Very frustrating experience!

Always really annoying when some buffoon manages to damage your bass - especially when their excuses begin.

• Grav changed the title to Fender USA Precision Bass V, Reduced - £1000
On 22/05/2024 at 11:48, Grav said:

FFS, I suspect that while Fender have their faults, not knowing how to design and build a bass guitar are not among them. Funny how these faults weren't evident until it landed on his bench 😡

• Like 2