Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Genesis set list question....

This photo is from Armando Gallo's wonderful book 'I Know What I Like'.

It's shows Chester Thompson's bass drum and pedal with a set list taped down next to it. It doesn't mention where or when the photo was taken.

It has always confused me and I wondered if anyone knew what some of the songs are and why he referred to them that way.

Given the content of the set, it must be from the '...And Then There Were Three...' tour, but I have no idea what '10/8' or 'TRUNDLE' refer to.

The Genesis Movement show these songs as played on this tour:

Songs Played In This Period

Eleventh Earl Of Mar, In The Cage, Burning Rope, Ripples, Deep in the Motherlode, One For The Vine, Squonk, Say It's Alright Joe, The Lady Lies, Cinema Show/Afterglow, Follow You Follow Me, Dance on a Volcano/Los Endos, I Know What I Like, Fountain of Salmacis, Down and Out, Ballad of Big, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway/Musical Box, Supper?s Ready, Dancing with the Moonlit Knight/Musical Box
Medleys : 
- Dancing With The Moonlit Knight / The Musical Box (Closing Section)
- Dance On A Volcano / Drum Duet / Los Endos

I'm wondering whether 'HOME' at the end means actually home as in it may have been a date in the USA or maybe the final date of the tour (Japan)?

IMG_6481.jpeg.86fdfef04933268c57fb751640a89133.jpeg

1 hour ago, BassTractor said:

10/8 :  "Down and Out" ? Twould make sense for a drummer to have that little meter reminder.
No idea about Trundle.

Is 10/8 a time signature thing?

26 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

10/8 - Down and Out

Trundle - The Lady Lies

Could be. Any idea why?

When I do my own set list, I will include notes about any little quirks/key changes etc, so in my head it makes sense to have the 10/8 there as a reminder. When I started playing (originals) we had 'pet' names for some of the songs so Trundle could be that, or it may refer to the way the song sounds. 

• Like 1

Genesis had a thing for starting their late 70s and 80s shows with a song from the preceding album, so the 11th Earl is a giveaway that this is an ATTWT show. Here's a typical setlist from that tour: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/genesis/1978/municipal-auditorium-austin-tx-2bdf40e6.html - "Home" would be the encore I Know What I Like, again for who knows what reasons.

• Like 1