Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Me….

1 hour ago, bigthumb said:

Really need to see some pics of your basses! 

Lots of Gibson here 😎

I’m still not sure how this site works, or if you can see my Thunderbirds and EB’s etc., but here’s some more. 

7241900C-4A49-4175-B677-0B953FE56636.jpeg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gibson,Guy said:

I’m still not sure how this site works, or if you can see my Thunderbirds and EB’s etc., but here’s some more. 

7241900C-4A49-4175-B677-0B953FE56636.jpeg

Oh my! Stunning.

18 minutes ago, bigthumb said:

Those Thunderbirds! 😍

That really is an outstanding collection

I’ve had the Thunderbirds a long time, a few more. These were from the same catalogue, 1988 20/20, 1987 IV and the 1985 Q80 I posted earlier. 

33D6F46D-8B06-4728-A1D9-C5BB67413FE3.jpeg

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Gibson,Guy said:

I’ve had the Thunderbirds a long time, a few more. These were from the same catalogue, 1988 20/20, 1987 IV and the 1985 Q80 I posted earlier. 

33D6F46D-8B06-4728-A1D9-C5BB67413FE3.jpeg

36 minutes ago, bigthumb said:

There must be some extremely rare models here!

Not many 20/20’s were made, and the other two don’t turn up too often. The SB’s don’t show up either, here are my short scale versions from the early 70’s. The SB 300 with the single coils and the SB 350 with the humbuckers.

5E60F1D2-662F-4556-B594-CF837F32793A.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome ! Once upon a time I might have made fun of Gibson basses but today an SG and LPDC Jr are two of my most played basses. You have some beauties there!

3 minutes ago, msb said:

Welcome ! Once upon a time I might have made fun of Gibson basses but today an SG and LPDC Jr are two of my most played basses. You have some beauties there!

Thank you, yes I do love my Gibson’s, but do have others. They are all interesting 👍

944BE96F-7F72-4F4B-98B6-3F9EA140F226.jpeg

• Like 1

I was an old Pbass guy , that got into Rickenbackers , and then got into shortscales. I have around twenty something basses , there’s a couple I could sell , but the rest are all still keepers. I love having basses that are different in feel and tone. I might love the hefty neck on one , and the thin neck on another. I’ve found that if you put the time on an instrument it becomes familiar. And comfortable. 
Recently I’ve been frequently gigging with a big orange Gretsch medium scale hollow body. Strange days.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, msb said:

I was an old Pbass guy , that got into Rickenbackers , and then got into shortscales. I have around twenty something basses , there’s a couple I could sell , but the rest are all still keepers. I love having basses that are different in feel and tone. I might love the hefty neck on one , and the thin neck on another. I’ve found that if you put the time on an instrument it becomes familiar. And comfortable. 
Recently I’ve been frequently gigging with a big orange Gretsch medium scale hollow body. Strange days.

There’s something fascinating about them al. Played my Jazzes for years, but was always interested in the Gibson basses, so many different styles. I have a lot of Fenders, but a lot more Gibson basses. It’s been Vox, Hofner, Eko basses lately. My biggest surprise is a Top Twenty bass, a very similar model to the first electric bass Jack Bruce played, when he was with the Graham Bond Organisation. They were made by Teisco in Japan, and sold in Woolworths over here in the UK.

AE78A9F6-7C98-4DC4-AAE8-D089F1AF5866.jpeg

33B18438-CCE2-4D36-A99F-087BE4232CDA.png

Those early Japanese basses are quirky. Some are simply cheap , some are quite surprising. My very first almost bass was a single pickup ZenOn guitar with bass strings on it. I went from that to a Pbass. Still have the Pbass , and wish I still had that ZenOn…

• Like 2