Why become a member? ×

Commercially available 'narrow' (possibly tall and/or deep) cabs.

3 minutes ago, Owen said:

I used to gig a Berg IP310. I cannot possibly imagine needing more. I often wondered about commissioning a build which put the speakers in a verical 3×10 + horn box with tiltback wheels - but the same internal volume. If I still owned it, I would have done it by now. 

An Epiphany 3x10 rehoused in a box to suit you needs but with the same internal vol? They are lush cabs. 

You are hitting nails on heads mate!  I don't want or need a staggered driver 3x10 (though 3x10 makes sense) as the width of the cab doesn't make sense to me and drivers in a vertical cab are closer to my ears.  If I start buying quality cabs and dismantling them/building new boxes it will be silly/expensive.  :/

10 hours ago, Owen said:

I used to gig a Berg IP310. I cannot possibly imagine needing more. I often wondered about commissioning a build which put the speakers in a verical 3×10 + horn box with tiltback wheels - but the same internal volume. If I still owned it, I would have done it by now. 

An Epiphany 3x10 rehoused in a box to suit you needs but with the same internal vol? They are lush cabs. 

What even is an Epiphany 3x10?

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Owen said:

What even is an Epiphany 3x10?

cross it with an Ion Bru advert.... 

I think it's a Epifani 3x10

Edited by LukeFRC

8 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

You should try one out with a pedal or three or four. What you put in comes out so unless you go to town on processing it you get vanilla.

I don't generally use pedals at all (one tribute band I do), hence I don't like the uncoloured sound of some cabs inc Barefaced... and by Barefaced I mean I have tried a range of the cabs and not liked any but I can't categorically say I dislike every single one.