Why become a member? ×

Liverpool - Cavern Club Live Lounge

I bet there's a few people here who've played the Cavern Club Live Lounge... just wondering if anyone has any advice with regards to load in, parking, house amps etc? looks pretty pedestrian around there!

I'm there in a few weeks for the first time, and it's date 1 of an otherwise very straightforward tour of venues i know well. Looking forward to seeing a little bit of the history! If anyone is coming to night one of the Andy Timmons UK tour, or indeed any of the shows please let me know!

Edited by knicknack

There is a service entrance  around the back. We brought our own gear except PA. There is a large room behind the stage for the band.

Ask the Cavern, they'll have their load-in, soundcheck and set times, procedures and local info etc. 

There's not much history in the place these days. The site was knocked down and when building plans changed was turned onto a car park. When planning changed again and an office block was built they rescued the original bricks and built a "Cavern" in the basement. It looks like the Cavern and is built as a replica but it's located about 20 yds to the right and the modern gig space is an add on.

I don't remember there being any house gear (except PA), but then again we were supporting, so we brought our own stuff.

As Chris said, you load-in at the back, but you might not be able to park there.

As others have said, service lift at the back - access a bit tricky with a van but you should be able to unload there with ease and then park it across the road in one of the side alleys. Free after 6pm. 

House amps, they used to have a hefty Orange bass rig in there with so you wouldn’t struggle with level on stage. Wedges at the front around the stage in the back room. Front room more cramped and a bit more challenging sound wise from monitoring pov. 

It’s not the original venue but I used to play there most weeks and it’s still got some magic about it. Pretty touristy and mixed crowd, a lot of international visitors and always used to have a good feel of a weekend. Have fun. 

I played there last year with Roxy Magic. It can be a pain to load in/out but the Cavern does provide some backline. The bass rig was a perfectly fine Blackstar 700 Head with two cabs. They also list AC30s and a BDC legacy kit amongst other stuff. I've still got the tech spec sheet from last year, which I can send over to you, but it might be worth getting in touch to see if there's an updated 2024 version, just in case. 

Here's the obligatory, sad Beatle fan shot:

cavern.thumb.jpg.3a0d7ba565aa11072c12632ce4bab10b.jpg

Just now, jimmyb625 said:

I think they should make more of the Beatles connection, you'd hardly know they played there...

When I played there, some 12-13 years ago there was a Beatles tribute band playing on the "Cavern" stage, with a left-handed "Paul", and the place was full of tourists. We played in the side room and that seemed to be full of locals.