Why become a member? ×

Jack’s Instrument Services Manchester.

MNY

Hello All,

I would like to let you know about the excellent service I received from Jack at Jack’s Instrument Services in Manchester. I recently bought a 2nd hand Alusonic Django bass from a well known shop based in the Midlands. Unfortunately upon receipt the strings were dead and required changing, the result of this being an A string that rattled and buzzed quite badly. To be honest  I  should have sent the bass back but decided it would probably cost me money along with the degree of risk of sending an expensive instrument back by carrier. 
Upon searching google for a suitable instrument repairer I found Jack’s in Cheetham Hill, messaged him and he replied promptly telling me it was very likely the nut on my bass was incorrectly cut and he was confident he could remedy the issue. 

I dropped my bass in earlier today and guess what, Jack was spot on with his diagnosis. He was able to craft and fit a new buffalo horn nut which blended in perfectly on my black bass and carry out a really professional set up which resulted in the bass playing perfectly, not a buzz or a rattle in evidence. All for what can be described as a reasonable price all things considered. 

Suffice to say if you’re in or near Manchester and you need a bass or guitar repairing or setting up, look no further. Jack will be able to help get your treasured instrument back to its absolute best. Highly recommended!! 

• Like 8

I had two custom made pickguards made for my lefty Squier 32" Scale mij p bass. Fantastic workmanship and great to deal with. They even made a wood template of my guard so I don't have to resend mine if want any further orders. Would absolutely recommend.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2024 at 21:47, MNY said:

Hello All,

I would like to let you know about the excellent service I received from Jack at Jack’s Instrument Services in Manchester. I recently bought a 2nd hand Alusonic Django bass from a well known shop based in the Midlands.

Which shop was it  ?