Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble 40 worth it?

I'm trying to upgrade my ampeg practice amp and saw a Fender Rumble 40 that is in mint condition on Facebook marketplace for $150 USD. New they are about $250 USD. This will be used mostly for home practice and very small jam sessions. What you guys think? If not a Rumble 40, maybe something else in the same price range? 

I’d say probably yes - equivalent to just under £120 here. I haven’t tried the Rumble 40, but if

it’s anything like my Rumble 100 then it will be fine. The 100 is a great sounding amp, and I’ve

used it for many small gigs with no problems. If you could run to a s/h one of these it would

be more future proof than the 40 - over here they go from around £150 to £200 second hand

(around 190 to 250 dollars). Good luck! 

Edited by casapete
  • Like 2

If your jam sessions include drummers, I'd say it won't be sufficient. There's only so much air 40w and a 10" speaker will move. The Rumble 100 is not a great deal more expensive and would be much more suitable in that application.  I'd suggest saving a bit more money until you can afford something with a little more power.

• Like 1