Why become a member? ×

Feeler- the end of my jazz bass?

richrips

Hey,
I'm a relative newbie here and just wanted a few opinions on a sticky situation.....

my main bass untill recently has been a mexican jazz body, allparts maple f/b p-neck, dimarzio ultrajazz p/u's, badass 2, vintage style tuners etc

i snapped the truss rod a few weeks back trying to counter the effects of the heaviest, funkiest flats that money can buy.

so a couple of questions,

1.does anyone have a reasonably price jazz neck? ideally maple, but anything jazz shaped will do.

2. can anyone out there fix a truss rod for less than the cost of a new neck? (less than about £90)

3.What is my bass worth as it is? would i get more for it if i split it?

4. PX? i'd probably be up for doing a part exchange with the bass for something like a stingray H/S, a narrow neck warwick (with similar h/s pickups), or something else that would give me a fat funky sound without losing bottom end..... try me!

any help with this would be much appreciated as at the moment i am left with a friends ibanez K5 and a......... ........guitar. yuck.

save me from a six string nightmare,

cheers,

rich (cardiff)

This site will solve your problem:

1. Stick a 'feeler' ad for the body only in basses for sale - see what people will offer you for it
2. Go to the repairs forum and get some repair prices from the luthiers listed in there and post a thread re: truss rod repairs
3. Stick a feeler in the wanted section for a stingray H/S, a narrow neck warwick (with similar h/s pickups) - see how much people want (poss more than your frankenjazz is worth :) )
4. Search both the basses for sale and the miscellaneous forums and see if anyone's got a jazz neck for sale
5. Put the neck in recycling unwanted items forum for free and make some new friends :lol:

Do all of this and your questions [s]will[/s] may be answered! :rolleyes:

Edited by skankdelvar

cheers skankdelvar, think i have posted the necessary now.... we shall see

still any help on this thread much appreciated. people seem less than keen to throw me a straight offer or valuation. is that to be expected? i've never bought/sold a body on its own before.... price for unloaded/loaded much appreciated!

cheers,
rich