Why become a member? ×

Can anyone bring any info on this oddity?

Muzz

A pal of mine has just acquired this thing from a friend, and he's got no idea about it, so he asked me, aaaaannnnddd...neither have I 😐

It says Michael Tobias on it, but the headstock and pickups are Music Drive branded...even a Google Reverse Image search doesn't help, it's all Pedullas 🙂

image.png.377ed87fd9f48995a3d9229cfb282332.png

Fantastic - I was obviously going down the wrong internet rabbit hole with my given info (wrong) that it was a Tobias of some sort...I shall pass that along, thanks 👍

Yes, certainly looks like some kind of Music Drive bass - the hooked 'Ric' horns are on the guitars too.

Headstock, tuners + truss rod cover are the same.

Music Drive (MD) Bass Guitar MCB 6200-f | #463741760 (worthpoint.com)

Same PuP and knob layout here

MD Music Drive Rare Mahogany Body Natural Bass Guitar - Made in Korea Circa 2000 | Reverb UK

Music Drive (MD) guitars and basses were made in Korea by Sumer Musical Instruments Company Limited, from around 2000

Also...

https://reverb.com/uk/item/77946719-metal-driver-md-bass-by-sumer-silver-burst-1999-samick-korea

They've got a Custom Shop now ... ?

::: MD Guitar ::: (mdcustomshop.com)

Your one looks like an MDB-610   https://mdcustomshop.com/kr/product/view.php?id=35&cate=19

Edited by Bigguy2017
  • Like 1

Yup, it's a Sumer Music Drive MDB-610F SRS...40 minutes from Unidentified Oddity to It's One Of These...such is the power of the Basschat Hive Mind... 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1