Why become a member? ×

What Mayones Bass is this?

Jaybeevee

Hi,

I´ve stumbled across a couple of Mayones basses said to be from the 90´s but google searches donut come up with anything.

I´m left wondering if this a Mayones or not? Can't find another Mayones that is a replica for a Spector NS2.

It's selling for about 600 quid ish..

Any thoughts

https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=343920978

image.thumb.png.e1ab0b2533066c6fe945604c95e61f47.png

4 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Isn't this one of the Sx neck through range?

it's a bolt on neck

I wonder if they were going to get into bed with Spector at that point but Spector went with another builder, the Euros are made in the Czech republic now aren't they ?

1 hour ago, Aidan63 said:

it's a bolt on neck

I wonder if they were going to get into bed with Spector at that point but Spector went with another builder, the Euros are made in the Czech republic now aren't they ?

Euros are built in the Czech Republic and this certainly looks like a clone of a Spector.

FWIW:

Mayones produced Fame basses for at least one (or more) German retailers (Music Store in Köln / Cologne). The neck joint is basically the same as in the OP, just google Fame bass.

I'm by no means very up to date with the Mayones offerings or what they produced in the past under the Mayones brand name  but by that similarity I assume that this bass was made in the same workshop and might be an one off bearing the M logo. (just because I can't recall seeing a Mayones branded product that was so much similar to a Spector but then again I can be wrong 🙂 

I personally think that it is a legit Mayones, maybe a one-off but for that kind of price it certainly worths a try.