Why become a member? ×

Does anyone know where I can find old fire hose?

Not even sure if this is the right place for this, so any mod who can think of somewhere this'd fit better, feel free to move it. 

Anyway, it's like the title says, I'm looking for old fire hose, in order to make some straps out of it. I'm a fan of making my own straps, and up until now, I've been using a big roll of nylon strap that I found somewhere. Recently, I found a video of Billy Sheehan making up one of his straps, and he does it in a relatively similar way, i.e. big strap, fixed length, direct mounted, but he also mentions in the video receiving some fire hose that he was going to try, and I thought I'd like to give that a go as well.

So, yeah, does anyone know where I can get some?

I can't help you, but that's an awesome idea! I have a wallet made from old firehose made by Feuerwear and it's the toughest wallet I've ever owned (I've had it for almost 10 years now). I can imagine a strap made out of the same material would be very robust too! 

Any fire equipment has to pass very high certification standards and real fire hose (the type fire brigades use) has a limited service life. I would imagine certification companies or manufacturers like these guys will also take back old, discarded or rejected firehose. Maybe give them a call? 

19 hours ago, PinkMohawk said:

Not even sure if this is the right place for this, so any mod who can think of somewhere this'd fit better, feel free to move it. 

Anyway, it's like the title says, I'm looking for old fire hose, in order to make some straps out of it. I'm a fan of making my own straps, and up until now, I've been using a big roll of nylon strap that I found somewhere. Recently, I found a video of Billy Sheehan making up one of his straps, and he does it in a relatively similar way, i.e. big strap, fixed length, direct mounted, but he also mentions in the video receiving some fire hose that he was going to try, and I thought I'd like to give that a go as well.

So, yeah, does anyone know where I can get some?

ebay, etsy all that kinda thing.