Why become a member? ×

Line 6 POD Express Bass

madshadows

17 minutes ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

Hey - I noticed in the manual that this device also has a pitch-shift effect. How well does this work, sound and track? For instance as an octave effect or to simulate BEAD tuning?

I haven't had much luck with pitch shifting on cheaper devices as it's quite a processor-intensive effect.

It actually tracks very well, I was very surprised with how well it tracks. It has a mix button too which helps a lot.

You won't have tons of control but for what it is the effects sound surprisingly good. If you are interested I could create some sound clips and send you a link.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mcgiver69 said:

It actually tracks very well, I was very surprised with how well it tracks. It has a mix button too which helps a lot.

You won't have tons of control but for what it is the effects sound surprisingly good. If you are interested I could create some sound clips and send you a link.

That would be most helpful if you could.  FWIW, I tend to use the octaver down to around the open A string mixed with the unaffected tone. Or I use a 100% mix to simulate BEAD tuning, so needs to track the open E string.

24 minutes ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

Holy moly, and now we have the Boss Katana:Go.  

It's a great time to be a bassist/guitarist.

Digitech BP355. Bass multi FX, but with guitar amp sims too.

Torn between this and the Line 6 HX One. Price wise I guess HX one is a better deal.
The Express just looks a bit cheap, plus I've read a few negative comments about the Pod Express for live use even though nobody seems to have one yet!

Edited by woodywyatt
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, woodywyatt said:

Torn between this and the Line 6 HX One. Price wise I guess HX one is a better deal.
The Express just looks a bit cheap, plus I've read a few negative comments about the Pod Express for live use even though nobody seems to have one yet!

They have rather different functions though. The Express is a somewhat limited multieffects, the HX One just does one effect chosen from a large selection.