Why become a member? ×

Just tried an MB Tube LM800

51m0n

Just tried the new MB Tube LM800 at GAK (they have the 500 too)

Sounds fine, but for the life of me I couldnt really tell much difference between the tube and solid state sides to the preamp.

Oh and it is VERY loud. Humungously loud!

Like the fact you can effectively plug in two basses and control the gain of each separately - nice!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='488032' date='May 14 2009, 04:07 PM']How much? :)[/quote]

Didnt have a sticker - and it wasnt Mark in there so really no point asking, cos Mark would have given me a better deal.

Mark at BassDirect has them listed at £879 on his site currently.

[quote name='51m0n' post='488028' date='May 14 2009, 04:05 PM']Just tried the new MB Tube LM800 at GAK (they have the 500 too)

Sounds fine, but for the life of me I couldnt really tell much difference between the tube and solid state sides to the preamp.

Oh and it is VERY loud. Humungously loud!

Like the fact you can effectively plug in two basses and control the gain of each separately - nice![/quote]
Is there a difference in the tone/sound between the LM2 and the Tube LM800? Or what does it sound like?