Why become a member? ×

F/S Ibanez Grooveline G104 in excellent condition - *SOLD*
£825
Chorley, Lancs., PR6

ead

NOW SOLD ELSEWHERE

2011 Ibanez G104 Grooveline 4-string bass in Deep Expresso, with hard soft-case

This is a genuinely rare bass being produced between 2011 and 2015 by the Ibanez custom shop in Japan (FujiGen) as part of the upmarket Prestige line of basses.  These instruments retailed for over $2,500 when launched, and the attention to detail is exactly what you would expect from a Japanese custom shop that produce such high-quality instruments.

This particular example is in excellent condition having been well looked after.  One of the best features of the bass is the way it balances both seated and standing.  This was one of the key design parameters and the slightly playful body shape contributes massively to this.  The neck is delightful to get around on and the Gotoh hardware is top notch too.

I have used some professional pics of this very bass as my skills in this area are very limited.  I can assure you that it is the same instrument and will happily provide my lame efforts if you would like some additional images of any aspect of the instrument.

There is plenty of positive comment on the internet about these basses (and also about the marmite body shape to be fair, but I absolutely contest the odd comment about having a thin tone; not the case at all).  I am happy to answer any questions you may have, and if you want to come and try the bass that is perfectly fine too.

Specifications

·      Body: Ash Top & Back with an Alder body

·      Neck: Wenge/Bubinga 5-pc with Titanium reinforcement rods and 6 bolts to the body

·      Fretboard: Rosewood, side dot position markers and 22 frets

·      Scale Length:  34” (864mm)

·      Frets: Medium Stainless Steel

·      Nut:  GraphTech Black TUSQ XL (38mm)

·      Neck Pickup: Ibanez CAP Sonic Arch passive

·      Bridge Pickup: Ibanez CAP Sonic Arch passive

·      Preamp:  Ibanez E4 with 3-band EQ (and EQ bypass switch)

·      Controls: Master volume / balancer / EQ toggle / 3-way EQ cut or boost: treble, mid, bass

·      Bridge: Tight-End Bass 4 with 19mm string spacing

·      Hardware: Cosmo Black

·      Included: High quality hard soft-case

I would really prefer collection if you are close by, but if you are not too far away I’d rather deliver the bass to you in exchange for some petrol money than send my courier.  Or happy to meet up somewhere too.

I've borrowed the BassBros pics from when I bought it as they are so much better than mine.  I have also included a pic of the bass at ead towers to prove that I really do own it!

Edited by ead
  • Like 6

• ead changed the title to SOLD Ibanez Grooveline G104 in excellent condition