Why become a member? ×

Fender Japan International Siennaburst Jazz

Pow_22

Recently I've found myself picking my Jazz up much more than my P in my new band.  I like the body size and the thin neck a little more so this has me looking round at other Jazzers and i came across this beauty

https://www.coda-music.com/bass-guitars/fender-japan-ltd-international-colour-jazz-bass-sienna-sunburst.html

Probably more than I'm willing to pay and the small tuners along with basswood body have me a little underwhelmed but the block and bound neck, 70's styling and THAT colour certainly made my wallet twitch.  Seems they have been out for a few years but its the first ive seen of them.  Any users on here want to chime in with their experience?

• Like 1

What's your beef with basswood? It's not balsa! ;)

Are those tuners small? They're elephant ears, no? When you said "small tuners" I was expecting to see something akin to a Gotoh GB7 type thing with small Y key. You must like 'em BIG if you consider these to be small.

I just scratched my head a lot. You do you, but I'm really confused!

Guess by small i mean something more 70's looking, big back plates - ideally the fender branded ones that i have on my 75 RI jazz would be perfect and in keeping with the 70's styling.  Obviously im nit picking here :)

Those are Gotoh GB1 tuners, and they are perfectly fine :)

Fender has been using them on their entry-level Japanese bass models since the 1980s and they work great. The more expensive models generally have vintage reissue tuners with larger backplates. Same goes for their use of basswood, the more expensive models have ash or alder - and bridges with threaded saddles. 

• Like 2