Why become a member? ×

Jazz bass body (complete / loaded) - *SOLD*
£99
TS (UK)

See photos. Acquired as part of a 'bitsa' bass. Not sure of the body make / origin but it's nicely finished and the neck pocket (63mm wide x 85mm 'length' x 18mm D) will accomodate a standard F-type neck. Body (complete weighs c.6.5lbs) will take a standard J s/plate and bell-plate (photo) but may need some adjustment/s for this. The current plates fit fine and look to have been refinished to fit. The bass played fine with both pickups (unsure of make/age) clear & strong. Upgrade bridge (can be replaced with a more std. F' type if preferred) with individual routs per string. Price includes P & P.

Edited by eubassix
SOLD
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

The bridge saddles and rounded pickups are identifiers, just can’t remember what they mean 😂

Nice finish, too.  That would be great with a roasted maple neck.

pickups indicate mid-to-late 70s Japanese

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

The bridge saddles and rounded pickups are identifiers, just can’t remember what they mean 😂

Nice finish, too.  That would be great with a roasted maple neck.

70's era Japanese bass, more than likely Ibanez or something. I had one similar in sunburst too, made in the Matsumoko factory. Another giveaway is the noticeably  thinner neck pocket.

• 3 weeks later...

80s (maybe early 90s) MIK Hohner, possibly Arbor or Rockwood, not too sure. Always thought these were pretty cool, if I had a spare J neck knocking about I might ignore my complete lack of space & necessity & have a punt!

477df465fd344560442c103c98ea95a8a7db5b71

These were probably made by Cort, as that's where Hohner production went when it moved from Japan in the early 80s. Stuff like the round-end pickups & bogseat string-through bridge appear on MIJ & MIK instruments, so these were probably made under license in Korea.

GLWTS!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bassassin said:

80s (maybe early 90s) MIK Hohner, possibly Arbor or Rockwood, not too sure. Always thought these were pretty cool, if I had a spare J neck knocking about I might ignore my complete lack of space & necessity & have a punt!

477df465fd344560442c103c98ea95a8a7db5b71

These were probably made by Cort, as that's where Hohner production went when it moved from Japan in the early 80s. Stuff like the round-end pickups & bogseat string-through bridge appear on MIJ & MIK instruments, so these were probably made under license in Korea.

GLWTS!

Thanks bassassin - that's really great & helpful info ! .... nice to see the actual / complete intrument. The neck's very different to the one I received, but good to see that all the body parts/fittings are correct.

1 hour ago, eubassix said:

Thanks bassassin - that's really great & helpful info ! .... nice to see the actual / complete intrument. The neck's very different to the one I received, but good to see that all the body parts/fittings are correct.

If you dig (like what I do) there are versions of this with maple/black block necks as well. Mostly in the EU & branded 'Leyanda' (which seems to be related to Hohner), they don't have the string through bridge & some have 'proper' Fender shaped heads. There are probably other variants with different names too.

https://reverb.com/uk/item/67039741-hohner-leyanda-bass-1970-sunburst-1970-sunburst

• Like 1

• eubassix changed the title to sold: Jazz bass body (complete / loaded)