Why become a member? ×

Gnome appreciation

Vin Venal

I just switched to a warwick gnome I pro, the 300 watt one. 

Have played through it for quite a few hours already, and it's been with me to band practice, and I'm seriously impressed. Plenty loud enough. Really great clean sound. Nice musical eq (I push the mids and roll off the treble a bit and it's perfect).

I got it for easier transportation cuz it's so compact and light, but I wasn't expecting to be as happy as I am with the sound.

It got slightly warm after a long practice, but nothing I'm worried about. Can't wait to record with it. This will be my main amp now.

• Like 2

I`ve recently bought myself one of these as a backup, not used it with band yet as have been too lazy but have been impressed with sound and amount of volume available when using it at home.

• Like 1

It's insane just how much amp you get for your money nowadays. I use my baby Gnome as first choice amp nowadays as it sits in my gig bag. It was meant to be backup but the 'real' amps usually end up left in the van.

• Like 1

I adore my Gnome IPro 280, it is small, compact, punchy and sounds incredible. It easily matches the volume of my Little Mark IV but just lacks a little bit of EQ options and transparency in the tone. If it had a little more tonal options like the 600w big brother then it would be perfect. Saying that, I have never not been able to get an amazing tone out of it and do use it live a lot of the time rather than using my Little Mark IV. Incredible amp.

• Like 1

We really do have wonderful choice today. I’ve been thinking that I’d grab an Elf if I see one going for a good price. I probably should add the Gnome to that list.