Why become a member? ×

Lakland USA 44-64 PJ with 1.5” nut <<< On Hold for now >>> - *SOLD*
£1850
Pinner - HA5

Platypus

IMG_8528.thumb.jpeg.38ea715bb80571a7c72e5c48972c4bd5.jpeg

<<<<. SOLD >>>> 

USA 44-64 PJ, Olympic White, in as new condition.

Alder body with rosewood board.

Satin finish quartersawn maple neck.

Jazz style neck 1.5” (37.5) at nut.

Strung with LaBella 760FL flats.

Lakland hard case included.

weight is 4.3 kg.

price is £1,850

to order a new one from Lakland would take six months and cost around £3,200 including import costs.

I’m based in Pinner, Middx - close to Pinner Tube

any trial welcome and I can ship for £20 

IMG_8529.jpeg

IMG_8541.jpeg

IMG_8535.jpeg

IMG_8530.jpeg

IMG_8547.jpeg

IMG_8533.jpeg

Edited by Platypus
Sold
  • Like 7

I think this used to be mine (though it had a black pick-up cover on the J pickup?).  If it was mine, it's an absolutely staggeringly good bass.  Undoubtedly, the finest Fender type necks I've played - the J necks are super-slender and feel fabulous in the hand.  One of Basschat's finest sellers too!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, three said:

I think this used to be mine (though it had a black pick-up cover on the J pickup?).  If it was mine, it's an absolutely staggeringly good bass.  Undoubtedly, the finest Fender type necks I've played - the J necks are super-slender and feel fabulous in the hand.  One of Basschat's finest sellers too!

You're not thinking about the one I bought off you are you @three?

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

1 hour ago, three said:

Don’t think its the same bass Los - I bought this one from Basschater Quatschacher, who had ordered it directly from Lakland.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, three said:

Nope. I specced this and ordered from Lakland. Pickup cover was sprayed with the same paint as the body at my request to make it look more like a regular P. 

I sold it to @Platypus. I note it was in The Gallery for a while too.

I’ve got a clip of it with these strings on (presuming they are the ones I sold it with).

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Nope. I specced this and ordered from Lakland. Pickup cover was sprayed with the same paint as the body at my request to make it look more like a regular P. 

I sold it to @Platypus. I note it was in The Gallery for a while too.

I’ve got a clip of it with these strings on (presuming they are the ones I sold it with).

Thanks for this - I looked pretty closely at the grain pattern on the back of the head and it looked the same (maybe close in terms of blanks?) I notice subsequently that mine had the longer posts on the tuners. Still, a beautiful bass (I like the pickup spray idea) and first class seller

• Like 2

8 hours ago, samkeen said:

So good to have tone clips! Sounds amazing, and nice playing @Quatschmacher

Thanks. (I really must try and work that piano part up into a full piece at some point.) It is a very nice bass. I just realised that I just wanted a straight P bass instead and get a J for the back pickup thing. 

• Like 1

• Platypus changed the title to Lakland USA 44-64 PJ with 1.5” nut <<< SOLD >>>