Why become a member? ×

Filtered earplug backups?

Jamesemt

So I've come back to live playing and have dug out my old filtered (Acs) custom moulded earplugs.

I'm a bit nervous in case there's an issue as I really couldn't play. I would like a backup to keep on my keys just in case. 

Don't have any spare cash so need to be cheap as possible. 

Anyone tried Earhub £8.50 jobs off Amazon? 

Thanks. 

Get in touch with ACS and buy some new filters.

Used to use the Etymotic ER20S, but it seems as though you can't get them anymore. Bought some Auritech Music Earplugs which are pretty good: Auritech Music Earplugs (Amazon: Auritech Music Earplugs on Amazon).

Bought some of those Alpine ones, and hated them, as IMO, they don't go into the ear canal far enough to totally filter the sound, and have come "dislodged" mid song letting the full volume in. They did that more than a few times, and I no longer "trust" them.

Though I have finally bit the bullet, and ordered some custom fit ACS plugs.

Edited by Skybone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boots the chemist do their own filtered buds for a tenner. I bumped into them when I was looking for some soft ones in Colchester Boots after forgetting to take some along to a Killing Joke gig. Speaking as someone who wears foam ones all night and most of the day at work I found them very good. 

• Thanks 1