Why become a member? ×

Too many basses 😬

kevham

I have come to realise I have way too many basses. I pretty much only use my two black Fender P-basses now.

There are two that I will never sell - my Washburn Status that has been with me since I was 17 and my Overwater P-bass that was built to my specs.

I think everything else bar one of the Fenders will have to go through this year. 😱

He hasn’t actually said how many he has in total. It may well be that his actual count of “about 20”** is a mere ripple in the headstock count of others here 

allowing for “had since a teen/mum bought it/Found it in a skip and nursed it back to health/its my pension/significant birthday/partner doesn’t know” extras 

• Haha 2

Compared to many gearheads, my collection is small at just 8 basses. However I have limited space and am constantly having to move cases/bags out of the way. I need to sell 4 basses and probably a couple of 6-string guitars and some amps too.

2 hours ago, Geek99 said:

I have one. 
please don’t mention the “six string” thing unless the word following it is “bass”; Amazon have got fresh stocks of tar and feathers in now 😛

I don't consider anything with more than 4 strings to be a "bass". Just unnecessary complication....

23 minutes ago, kevham said:

I don't consider anything with more than 4 strings to be a "bass". Just unnecessary complication....

I agree, but at least a five / six string bass is not weedy-sounding or wielded by a guitard