Why become a member? ×

GB Spitfire “Mark King” replica Price DROP £1850 - *SOLD*
£2200
Stockport

slapmonsta

51 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I know mate.

I’d love to have it, but it doesn’t sit with the band etc.

Also. Few quid short unless I start selling.

And it’s right up the road (5 miles away 🫣)

You never know until ya try 😀

Snap!

I bought mine new from The Bass Centre in August 1999 and it’s still one of my 3 main gigging basses.

I’d never seen a GB before and was in the process of buying a Warwick Streamer 5 string at the time. Whilst the paperwork was being done I saw this in the corner, had a quick noodle and fell in love. Thanks to the beauty of interest free credit I walked out of the shop with both the Warwick and the GB that day.

These are sublime hand crafted instruments and this is being offered at a fantastic price compared with a new build. Mine cost £1,800 new 25 years ago…

I really have no need for another… no Siree…

Good luck with the sale. Whoever snaps this up won’t be disappointed.

7F5E080D-B00F-4F07-88BE-CC6AD955280D.thumb.jpeg.056dd70edd47aa2c96bd8af767833805.jpeg940BA203-F464-4964-9BDF-59B887EEEF1E.thumb.jpeg.8be1435be84d4c3831e675cc37bffa0b.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slapmonsta said:

Thankyou,Captain !😀💙

You’re welcome mate.

Just to reiterate, for anyone who might be interested but wary of a connection to any particular style of music or technique…these instruments are complete all-rounders in every sense.

Yes you can set the action low for slappage and engage the bright switch (gives a more ‘glassy’ sheen to the tone) but I’ve used mine for 85-90% of the gigs I’ve done with a 4 string in the last 25 years and it can cover all genres and styles. It has surpassed/outlived a Stingray, Sadowsky UV70 (Jazz) and a P bass.

The neck on mine looks the same as this - rock maple? It’s fantastically comfortable. It had been set up in the Bass Centre when I bought it and is incredibly temperature and climate stable. I have never once had cause to tweak the truss or adjust the action since I got it in ‘99. Strange but absolutely true.

I’ve spoken with Bernie a few times about taking it down to him for a service but tbh it hasn’t needed one. And I’m worried that Bernie might decide to keep it! He’s very paternalistic with his instruments!

Whoever might buy this will get a fantastic all-round reliable bass that will serve all genres.

• Like 2

• slapmonsta changed the title to GB Spitfire “Mark King” replica SOLD