Why become a member? ×

Finally! Picked up my bass yesterday and enjoyed playing it again.

Angel

OK, so I'm just a 'home' musician. I have a few basses, but I sort of went off bass playing a number of years ago. I lost the spark, lost the mojo. 

I figured that I might get it back a year (or two?) ago by designing and building a bass. I had a thread about it somewhere but it died off towards the end (the thread not the bass!).

Well, I made the bass, never got it finished totally but it was playable. It lacked a bit of something and ended up back in the case for most of the last year. I have other instruments that I was more into.

Anyway, for reasons unknown I dug it out again yesterday, set it up properly and it just clicked! I have had great fun playing it the past 2 days!

All good, but ..... I have the urge to stain the body, so it's literally all in pieces again now! Hopefully I can get it all sorted whilst I am still high on interest.

That is all.

• Like 18

On 31/12/2023 at 16:20, Angel said:

OK, so I'm just a 'home' musician. I have a few basses, but I sort of went off bass playing a number of years ago. I lost the spark, lost the mojo. 

I figured that I might get it back a year (or two?) ago by designing and building a bass. I had a thread about it somewhere but it died off towards the end (the thread not the bass!).

Well, I made the bass, never got it finished totally but it was playable. It lacked a bit of something and ended up back in the case for most of the last year. I have other instruments that I was more into.

Anyway, for reasons unknown I dug it out again yesterday, set it up properly and it just clicked! I have had great fun playing it the past 2 days!

All good, but ..... I have the urge to stain the body, so it's literally all in pieces again now! Hopefully I can get it all sorted whilst I am still high on interest.

That is all.

Glad you have found space for the bass. Pictures would help us Gee you along

On 31/12/2023 at 16:20, Angel said:

That is all.

The bit of something it lacked, was cured by a good set up? It's often the case, I've never understood how you can try an instrument on display in a music shop that plays terribly, when it could have been tweaked for 5-10 mins to be playable.