Why become a member? ×

CE-2 clone recommendations

Bass Culture

I bought a Boss CE-2 probably 40 years ago, which I used extensively in earlier bands, and then mothballed for years when my band activity reduced.  Stupidly, in a fit of generosity, I gave it to the guitarist of a band I was playing in about 10 years ago.  Predictably, in more recent years I've been enjoying using chorus when noodling at home, especially on fretless, and have tried 2 or 3 others since - including a CEB-3 (I think) and, currently, an EBS Unichorus - and none have sounded as good as the CE-2 (to my ears).  Short of asking for it back again, is there anything out there that sounds like or emulates the CE-2?  I'm not asking for your favourite chorus pedal recommendations, I'm asking if there's anything that sounds the same as a CE-2.  Thanks all.

4 hours ago, fretmeister said:

The little Mooer Ensemble King sounds band on to my ears, with the advantage of having a level control.

I have an old CE-2 from 1989 and the Mooer and they can be dialled in the same.

Thank you.  I'll check that one out for starters.

15 minutes ago, bassist_lewis said:

The Boss CE-2B uses the same BBD circuit and clock driver as the CE-2. They're discontinued but they're not ridiculously expensive, around £130 on Reverb.

There was just one capacitor difference between the two - Aionfx's clone kit mentions this: https://aionfx.com/project/azure-analog-chorus/

• Like 1