Why become a member? ×

My Spector bass

patrikmarky

Thinking of selling this ..it’s an early Czech 34” scale ..Emg with BTS eq ..good condition though the laminate has started to lift on the headstock  face ..an easy repair but I’ll probably loose the decal ..which I may struggle to replace ..any advise will be much appreciated..

IMG_3181.jpeg

IMG_3183.jpeg

IMG_3184.jpeg

IMG_3182.jpeg

Edited by patrikmarky
  • Like 1

Early indeed! It's an NS-5CR. Notable for being a Euro will full maple wings and not 35" scale (is it 34" or 34&1/4", I can't recall). I have one and it's one of the nicest fives I've ever played. The only thing I'd possibly move it on for would be the right Spector four string, because I have to have a Spector in my collection as my 'go to' bass. 

Basically what Chris said....

This is a transition Euro bass before Stuart got the rights back to the 'Spector' logo/brand. Full maple, just like the US basses, and well before they switched to the walnut sandwich of the LX models.

These are excellent basses but quite hard to put a value on as some people want the full Spector logo/crown inlay experience while others prefer the more classic build quality of these. With the headstock laminate I'd leave as is though. Let any buyer deal with it, should they deem it necessary.

You're probably talking around £1200-£1500 for this. There are a lot more Spectors out there, and choice of Spector styles, than there used to be so used prices aren't what they could/should be..... and this beauty needs the right buyer!

Here's mine. It came over from the Black Sea region of Russia a few years ago. You probably couldn't buy it from there now due to sanctions now placed on Russia and after duty and tax cost me about £1250. Absolutely stunning value really. It has the lowest and cleanest action of any Spector that I've played or indeed, any bass in my collection at home. 

ftPVsOu.jpeg

• Like 4