Why become a member? ×

Squier Silver Series MIJ Precision Bass 1992/93 - *SOLD*
£315
Lancaster

ash

Squier Silver Series Precision Bass MIJ 1992/3

I’m moving another Precision bass on. This time a lovely example of a Squier Silver series Precision. The bass is a superb player with a neck somewhere between a Jazz and a modern Precision. The nut width is narrow and very comfortable at 39/40mms

When I got the bass the original scratchplate was broken and the pots bypassed and wired straight to the jack. I had it rewired with a new Switchcraft jack socket and pots. I also used a newer black scratchplate I had that fitted without adaptation (I kept the original one which I can include). The fretboard was cleaned and a couple of frets reseated. The truss rod was tweaked (it works as it ought to) and now it has a low action and plays very well. The original pickup is very articulate and powerful. 

The body has numerous bumps and dings to it and buckle rash at the back. The neck has play wear with no significant dings. 

The bass is extremely light at 3.4kgs.

It’s a good honest example of a 90’s Japanese Squier Precision very comfortable to play over long gigs.

Sorry no trades, UK only. Pickup preferred as there is no case or bag. I can post if necessary at buyer’s expense as I now have a box. Parcelforce Express will be £20. 

Edited by ash
Back up
  • Like 4

• ash changed the title to Squier Silver Series MIJ Precision Bass 1992/93
  • Woodinblack unlocked this topic

I had one of these several years ago.  I sold it whilst on a journey to find the perfect (for me) Precision, believing P bass Nirvana was just the next bass away.  With hindsight I could have stuck with the Silver Series and saved myself a small fortune as it was just brilliant.  Mine, like this one, had the original pickup and it sounded fabulous - dark, woody and organic.  The neck was perfect for my hand.  Same neck as on the SIlver Series Jazz, as it happens.  Still, I live and learn.  Except usually without the 'learn' bit.  :D  Increasing decrepitude means short scale only for me otherwise this would be living with me by now.

• Thanks 1

• ash changed the title to Squier Silver Series MIJ Precision Bass sold